My favorite part of this recipe for Simple Stuffed Cookies is the dough! So similar to shortbread! It is so easy to work with and you really can stuff them with anything your heart desires inside!
I absolutely love stuffing these cookies with chocolate caramel treats and finishing it off with a candied pecan on top! Truthfully though, you are only limited by your imagination!
Simple Stuffed Cookies are absolutely perfect on those days when you need something sweet and melt in your mouth delicious! I can’t wait to hear what you decide to stuff and decorate your cookies with!
Ingredients for Simple Stuffed Cookies
- icing or powdered sugar
- chocolate covered caramel
- mini chocolate candies of any kind
- toffee bits
- or anything you can think of!
How to make Simple Stuffed Cookies
In a large bowl combine butter, powdered or icing sugar and vanilla until smooth.
Add salt and flour.
Blend until combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Remove wrappers from your chocolate or caramel candy. Place into a bowl and set aside.
Roll dough into about 20 equal sized balls.
Using your thumb press into each ball slightly.
Push one treat inside each ball.
Seal ball completely.
Press your decoration on top.
Place on your prepared baking sheet.
Bake until cookies are set and just starting to brown.
Cool for a few minutes and place all of the cookies on a wire rack.
If you are like me and always on the lookout for more cookie recipes, I have included some of my favorites below. Just in case these cookies are not what you are looking for!
I had to make a video to show you just how yummy these Simple Stuffed Cookies truly are! Honestly, I have been making these cookies for so long and they are always a hit around here. The problem is I always have made them with the “turtle” theme in mind. Caramel, chocolate and pecans.
When I started to write this post, and was preparing to share this recipe, I couldn’t think of anything else to stuff these cookies with. Can you believe it? I still can’t.
I am truthfully hoping that someone out there tries this recipe and has some suggestions for myself, and everyone else who reads this post. My mind is a total blank. The shortbread cookie is melt in your mouth and I will likely think of many things after I hit publish!
Simple Stuffed Cookies Video
Simple Stuffed Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup powdered or icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
Stuffing and decoration suggestions
- rolos caramels or turtles for center
- skor or heath bits or pecans for decoration
- In a large bowl, using a handheld or stand mixer, combine butter, powdered or icing sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Add salt and flour. Blend until incorporated.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Remove wrappers from your candy (Rolos, Turtles or caramels etc). Place into a bowl and set aside.
- Roll dough, by hand, into about 20 equal sized balls.
- Using your thumb press into each ball slightly. Push one treat inside each ball. Seal ball completely.
- Press your decoration on top.
- Place on your prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cookies are set and just starting to brown. Cool for a few minutes and place all of the cookies on a wire rack. Enjoy!