These S'mores blondies are full of everything we love about both S'mores and blondies. You'll find gooey marshmallows and chopped chocolate in every bite of this S'mores blondie bars recipe.
S'Mores are such a classic treat, and so are blondies. So I decided to put them together to create this tasty S'Mores blondie bars recipe. It's so rich, chocolaty, and gooey. You're going to love it.
For more fun s'mores recipes try these Oreo cookie s'mores and these S'mores cookies! They're both divine!
If you're looking for a yummy treat just like this one, check out our Espresso Granita With White Chocolate Cream.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- You won't have to spend hours in the kitchen.
- An easy bar dessert recipe that's great for potlucks and easy to make to feed a crowd!
- An impressive dessert to serve at a dinner party or special occasion.
- Affordable ingredients that won't break the bank.
- Perfectly chewy and gooey center with slightly crisp edges.
You'll only need a few basic ingredients for this recipe, and you'll find them all easily at your local grocery store.
The major ingredients are listed here, but check the recipe card for the full list along with amounts.
- Salted butter: Use salted butter for better flavor.
- Light brown sugar: Makes a softer, more moist blondie and has more depth of flavor than white sugar.
- Vanilla extract: Adds natural sweetness and warming flavors to the blondie batter.
- Large egg: Adds moisture and structure to the bars.
- Crushed graham crackers: You can buy graham crackers already crushed or buy whole crackers and crush them yourself.
- Hershey bars: Milk chocolate is the classic chocolate for making s'mores.
- Jumbo marshmallows: You can also use small ones for this recipe!
Substitutions and Variations
- Salted Butter: If using unsalted butter add ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- Light Brown Sugar: Use dark brown sugar for richer, darker, more molasses-flavored blondies
- Hershey Chocolate Bars: Change it up for semi-sweet chocolate baking squares or your favorite chocolate bars instead. You can even use white chocolate chips or flavored chocolate chips like caramel, peanut butter, or butterscotch.
- Want More Chocolate? Sprinkle mini or regular-sized chocolate chips on top of your hot marshmallow topping as soon as you remove it from the oven. Since the dish is still hot the chocolate chips instantly melt for a little more chocolaty goodness.
- Go Nuts: Add one-third cup of chopped walnuts, pecans, almonds, or shredded coconut to blondie batter.
How to Make S'mores Blondies
This easy recipe will have you in and out of the kitchen in no time. It's really a basic blondie recipe that's simply been doctored up a bit.
Check out the highlights here and then see the recipe card at the end of the post for the full instructions.
- Beat the butter and brown sugar in a bowl with a hand mixer until it's well-mixed and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat again on medium-high speed until the egg is mixed into the batter.
- Combine the dry ingredients and mix them into the wet.
- Add the chocolate and gently fold it into the batter.
- Spread the dough evenly into a baking dish and bake in the oven.
- Top with the chopped marshmallows and broil to brown the top.
PRO TIP: A rubber spatula works best for spreading the batter evenly in the pan. It's also helpful to tap the side of the pan against your countertop once you've spread out the batter to settle it evenly before baking.
- Allow the blondies to cool and then cut them into squares and serve. Enjoy!
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy our s'mores brownies. Oh so good.
Room Temperature: Store for up 4 days. Leave the bars in the pan and cover with plastic wrap, or transfer them to an airtight container.
Refrigerator: Alternatively you can store them in the fridge for up to 5 days in an air-tight container.
Make Ahead: Prepare the batter the night before and refrigerate until ready to bake.
What to Serve with S'Mores Blondie Bars
- Add A Sauce: Drizzle some chocolate sauce, peanut butter, or caramel sauce on top when serving.
- Ice Cream: Serve with a scoop of your favorite flavor of ice cream on top for an extra special treat.
- Serve them up as part of a dessert spread for gatherings and parties.
- Enjoy them with a glass of milk or a Dalgona coffee.
- Use a toothpick to spread and redistribute the marshmallows after they broil.
- Fold in chopped chocolate pieces with a spatula. This way you can evenly distribute the chocolate and prevent overmixing of batter.
- Watch the marshmallows closely when broiling. They only need 1-2 minutes so be careful because they burn easily.
- Allow the bars to cool completely on the counter before slicing so they don’t fall apart when cut.
- If you don’t have an electric hand mixer, you can mix your ingredients with a whisk or spoon.
- Use parchment paper on the bottom of the pan instead of greasing so that cleanup is easier after baking.
The outsides of these blondies are crunchy while the inside is soft and chewy, making a perfect combination! The marshmallows also add an extra layer of deliciousness when they are broiled on top of the bars.
Yes! You can use any kind or size of marshmallows, including mini marshmallows.
Your s'mores blondies are done baking when they are golden brown and the edges are dry. The center may appear to still be a bit underdone.
Yes! Sprinkle mini or regular chocolate chips on top of your hot marshmallow topping as soon as you remove it from the oven so your chocolate chips instantly melt for a little more chocolaty goodness.
More S'Mores Recipes
Do you like S'Mores? Here are some recipes you may also like to try
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
S’mores Blondies Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric hand mixer to cream the salted butter and brown sugar until homogenous.
- Whisk in the egg and vanilla on a medium-high speed until the egg is fully incorporated.
- Lower the speed of the hand mixer and add the flour, graham crackers, and baking powder. Mix until the dry ingredients are fully mixed into the wet ingredients.
- Fold in the chopped chocolate pieces until they are evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Spread the batter into a rectangular baking dish and bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven, turn the broil to high, and scatter the marshmallow pieces over the top of the dish.
- Return the pan to the oven until the marshmallows are golden brown (1-2 minutes).
- Allow the bars to cool on the counter before slicing and enjoying.