These Oreo S'mores cookies take the classic S'more and give it a chocolaty twist by using Oreos instead of graham crackers. It's an all-new way to enjoy S'mores that you'll never get tired of.
I love S'mores. I've been a fan since I was a kid. That combination of chocolate, marshmallow, and graham cracker just can't be beaten.
Well, actually it can because I made these S'mores with Oreo cookies, and they are legit!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- This fun dessert is quick and easy to make – ready in minutes!
- The perfect mix of crunchy and chewy texture from the Oreo cookie, marshmallow, and chocolate.
- A delicious sweet treat that everyone loves, especially kids!.
- Great for parties or just a sweet treat for yourself.
- Versatile recipe. Easy to customize with different types of cookies or chocolates.
It only takes a handful of ingredients to make these delicious cookies. Everything you need can be found in TWO aisles at your local grocery store.
Be sure to check out the recipe card at the end of the post for exact quantities.
- Oreo Cookies: To form the cookie outside of the s'mores.
- Milk Chocolate Bar Squares: Any brand works!
- Sea Salt: Just a pinch to really make the chocolate flavors pop. You can also use kosher salt too!
- Large Marshmallows: Work best for making s'mores.
- Oreo Cookies: Use another flavor of Oreo cookie or your favorite sandwich cookie instead.
- Milk Chocolate Bar Squares: Use your favorite milk chocolate bar or your favorite mini chocolate like Reese's peanut butter cups, Rolos, Aero, Caramello, Butterfinger, or Toblerone.
- Small marshmallows: If you can't get the large, in a pinch the small ones will work.
- Add Shredded Coconut: Add a sprinkling of shredded coconut atop the marshmallow before melting so coconut toasts with marshmallows too.
- Add Spread: Add a smear of peanut butter, almond butter, or hazelnut spread to the top half of the Oreo before placing it on top of the golden marshmallow. My son prefers to add it to the bottom Oreo cookie under the marshmallow.
How to Make Oreo S'mores
This recipe is as easy as it is delicious. You'll be all done in no time. The highlights are here, but you'll find the exact instructions in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Split the Oreos in half. Use a knife if you're worried about the cookies breaking.
- Top the cream side with chocolate and a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Place a marshmallow on top.
- Broil until the marshmallows are brown.
- Top with the other Oreo half and press them together. Enjoy!
Hint: Do not leave the broiler unattended or your marshmallows can burn!
If you love recipes like Oreo S'mores, you may also enjoy our easy Chocolate Marshmallow Twists Recipe.
Room Temperature: This Oreo cookie dessert is best served fresh. If you have leftovers, store them in an air-tight container for up to 3 days at room temperature.
Reheat: Place the Oreo S'mores on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 325° F until heated through.
- Preheat the oven before broiling to ensure they are cooked evenly and quickly.
- Watch closely while broiling to avoid burning your marshmallows.
- Use larger marshmallows for a better filling-to-cookie ratio in each bite.
- For smaller children, slice the marshmallows in half horizontally so they're still round but are easier to hold and eat.
- Prefer softer marshmallows? Reduce the broiling time slightly or just top the cookie after 5 seconds of broiling instead of 30 seconds for a gooey texture inside!
- Make sure to sprinkle salt onto each s'more as this will help balance out the sweetness and enhance all of the flavors in every bite!
For a more authentic s'mores experience, we recommend using a milk chocolate bar for your Oreo S'mores. Milk chocolate melts well with the roasted marshmallow and the salt will balance out the sweetness.
Yes, you can. Be careful when adding them on top of your Oreo cookie so you don't burn yourself. They work too for camping and you can make them the old-fashioned way and serve them as dessert after roasting some dogs over the fire.
We recommend using large marshmallows for your Oreo S'mores. The large marshmallows will be able to fit the chocolate and cookie perfectly. They will also roast evenly when placed in the oven and become deliciously golden brown.
More S'mores Recipes
Do you like S'mores? Here are some recipes you may also like to try
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
- Set the oven to broil.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Separate the Oreo cookies. Place the cream side of the cookies cream side up on the prepared baking sheet.
- Set the other cookie halves aside to top the s’mores after broiling.
- Place a square or 2 of chocolate over the Oreo cream.
- Sprinkle a bit of salt over the chocolate squares.
- Top the chocolate layer with a marshmallow.
- Carefully place the tray in the oven and broil for about 30 seconds. Do not leave the broiler unattended or your marshmallows can and will burn!
- Remove the tray from the oven once the tops of the marshmallows are a deep golden brown and they are slightly puffed.
- Immediately top the marshmallow with the Oreo cookie top and gently press them together.
- Serve warm and enjoy!