We make extra mashed potatoes just so we can make these the next day. Bacon And Cheese Leftover Mashed Potato Burgers are easy and incredible.
Who doesn’t like mashed potatoes, bacon, cheese and crispy fried onions? This is one of my guilty pleasures that is for sure. I hope everyone has the chance to try these at least once!
Bacon And Cheese Leftover Mashed Potato Burgers
- 4 cups leftover mashed potatoes - approximately
- 3/4 - 1 cup cheese, shredded to taste
- 10 slices bacon optional
- 3/4 cup crispy fried onions, finely crushed
- 1 large egg
- 3 tblsp all-purpose flour plus 3/4 cup
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil for pan-frying
- sour cream
- green onions, thinly sliced
- Chop and cook the bacon. Place on paper towel.
- Combine the mashed potatoes, cheddar cheese, bacon, eggs crispy fried onions and 3 tablespoons of flour in a mixing bowl.
- Roll approximately 6-8 balls of the mixture and then flatten into 1 inch thick “burgers.”
- Put the 3/4 cup of flour in a bowl and then dredge the burgers in the flour. Heat about 1/4 cup of oil in a large skillet. Using medium heat fry the burgers in the oil until each side is brown and crispy which usually takes about 4 minutes. Add more oil if you need to.
- Transfer burgers to a paper towel covered plate. Serve with whatever you want – sour cream, more cheese, more bacon, green onions, ketchup or anything else you can think of. Enjoy!