This air fryer tortilla pizza is loaded with all the classic pizza toppings we love, all layered on top of a thin, crispy tortilla crust. It's a great twist on an old favorite.
If you ask me what makes the perfect pizza, it's the crust. I love a thin, crispy crust, and that's exactly what I get when I make this air fryer pizza tortilla with a tortilla!
Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza
You only need a handful of simple ingredients to make this quick and easy tortilla pizza in air fryer recipe. You'll find them all easily at your local grocery store.
- large tortilla shells
- pizza sauce
- mozzarella cheese
- mini pepperoni
See recipe card below for exact quantities.
Making this air fryer pizza tortilla recipe couldn't be simpler. It only takes a few steps and a few minutes.
Step 1: Air Fry the Tortilla
Place a tortilla in your air fryer basket and cook it at 400 degrees for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly brown.
Step 2: Top the Pizza
Add half the sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, and basil to the tortilla.
Step 3: Air Fry the Pizza
Set air fryer and cook the pizza for another 5 minutes or unitl the cheese is melted and golden brown. Repeat with the other tortilla and remaining ingredients.
Hint: Depending on your air fryer, you may need to lay something on top of your tortilla to keep it from getting stuck on top or folding.
Don't have the correct ingredients on hand or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this air fryer tortilla pizza.
- Flour Tortilla - white or whole wheat will do the trick, corn tortillas (gluten free) too but check your air fryer timing
- Large Tortillas - use a smaller size just watch your timing
- Pizza Sauce - use any flavor of pasta or tomato sauce or tomato paste with a tablespoon of water added instead
- Vegetarian - use a plant based pepperoni to make this recipe vegetarian.
- Mini Pepperoni - Use regular sized pepperoi and cut into quarters or 4 pieces
- Mozzarella Cheese - use provolone, white cheddar, gouda, edam cheese
- Dried basil - use Italian seasoning, oregano, parsley, rosemary, thyme, savory or marjoram
- Seasoning - Add some garlic powder, onion powder or your favorite on top of pizza sauce
Want to personalize this air fryer tortilla pizza recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Spicy - Add chili pepper flakes, use diced or chopped cayenne, poblano, tabasco, or your favorite hot peppers to add heat to this pizza
- Vegetables - Add some sauteed vegetables like onions or mushrooms, sliced olives, sliced onions, red or yellow sweet bell peppers, pineapple chunks, diced ham, cooked ground beef, cooked bacon, sauteed mushrooms, or eggplant
- Pizza Sauce - Olive oil and garlic, pesto, ricotta cheese, buffalo wing sauce, balsamic glaze, bbq sauce. ranch dressing, alfredo sauce, Italian dressing, causar salad dressing, tapenade, sweet chili sauce, chimichurri sauce
- Meat lovers - Add cooked chicken, ground beef or pork, ham, bacon, pancetta, prosciutto, beef or sausage with or instead of or with pepperoni
- Cheese - Add some parmsean or romano cheese underneath your melted cheese so it adds flavor and doesn't burn
You'll only need a few basic pieces of kitchen equipment to make this air fryer pizza tortilla recipe.
- Air Fryer
- Cheese Shredder
- Pizza curtter or knife
- Spoon or brush
Store any air fryer pizza with tortilla leftovers in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
Although this air fryer pizza with tortilla recipe is super easy to make, I do have a couple of tips to help you make it the best it can be.
- Always preheat your air fryer to ensure proper cooking. It's a myth that they don't have to be preheated.
- Use a plate or food weights to hold your tortilla in place while you air fryer it.
- Leave a little space around the outside edge of the tortilla to make a crust and allow air to circulate.
- Be careful your air fryer will be hot while you're working with it.
Do you have questions about this air fryer tortilla pizza? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about air fryer tortilla pizzas.
It will last for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Pop it in the air fryer for about 3 minutes at 350 degrees.
This is best made right before you're ready to serve. I don't recommend making it ahead of time.
Tomato paste with a tablespoon of water, olive oil and garlic, pesto, ricotta cheese, buffalo wing sauce, balsamic glaze, bbq sauce. ranch dressing, alfredo sauce, Italian dressing, causar salad dressing, tapenade, sweet chili sauce, flavored pasta sauce, or chimichurri sauce.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Do you like air fryer recipes? Here are some recipes you may also like to try.
Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza
- 2 flour tortilla shells large
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup pepperoni mini
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Get out and measure your ingredients.
- Place 1 tortilla in your air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 400ºF for 2-3 minutes or until slightly brown. Depending on your air fryer, you may need to lay something like a pan on top of your tortilla to keep it from getting stuck or folding.
- Spread half of sauce.
- Add half of cheese, pepperoni, and basil over tortilla.
- Air fryer for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients to make a second pizza.
- Remove from air fryer and place on rack. Mine usually slides right out of my basket.
- Slice with pizza cutter or sharp knife.
- Serve immediately and enjoy evry bite.