Are you looking for an easy snack or appetizer that the entire family will love? This Air Fryer Pizza Roll recipe is just what you need to make!
After-school snacks used to be extremely important around our household. Our son would always come home from school starving. One of his favorite snacks was pizza rolls. This recipe was always a hit when I made them for him.
Homemade Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
This recipe was inspired by my son's love of all things pizza rolls. I don't know what it is about pizza rolls that teenagers love so much, but my son was no different. He's not even a teenager but he still loves my homemade pizza rolls. And, I like making them in the air fryer because I feel like they are a little more healthy. This is one of my favorite kid-friendly recipes that I make in the air fryer.
You only need 8 basic ingredients to make this delicious recipe. One quick trip to the grocery store and you are ready to make this tasty dish.
- pizza dough
- shredded mozzarella
- olive oil
- parmesan cheese
- pizza sauce
- cooking spray
See the recipe card for quantities.
How To Make Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
Are you ready to make homemade air fryer pizza rolls? Follow these seven steps and you will have some delicious and easy homemade pizza rolls.
Step 1: Prepare a pan
Place parchment paper on bottom of 7 inch round metal pan and prepare with cooking spray.
Step 2: Prepare the pizza crust
Prepare work station with cooking spray and place dough on top. Create a 6-7 inch dough square and make 12 equal pieces. As equal as possible. Cover dough pieces with plastic wrap and set aside.
Step 3: Make Pizza Rolls
Pat each dough piece into a 3 to 3 ½ inch circle. Stuff with loads of pepperoni and cheese. As much as you can get to fit. Sometimes I add parmesan cheese too. Fold edges of the dough up and over the filling and pinch edges to seal and close. Place seam side down in prepared pan and repeat process until all rolls are made.
Step 4: Let your dough rise
Cover cake pan with plastic wrap and let dough balls rise until swollen and crowded, about an hour.
Step 5: Preheat the air fryer and make garlic oil
Preheat air fryer and using a microwave safe bowl, blend oil and garlic. Heat in microwave in 15 second bursts until you can small the garlic, less than a minute.
Step 6: Brush the tops of your pizza rolls
Once the dough has risen, remove plastic wrap. Brush dough tops with your garlic oil.
Step 7: Air Fry the pizza rolls
Place pan inside air fryer and bake until the tops are golden brown. Then, place on rack in pan and set timer for 15 minutes. Then remove pan and let rolls cool on rack for at least another 5 minutes.
Don't have the correct ingredients on hand? Or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change these Air Fryer pizza rolls.
- Pizza Crust - use homemade or canned pizza crust.
- Mozzarella - Out of shredded mozzerella? Use a cut up string cheese instead.
Want to personalize this Air Fryer Pizza Roll recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Spicy - add chili pepper flakes to your sauce for a spicy kick.
- Filling - Like more than pepperoini in your pizza rolls? Add your favorite pizza toppings to your pizza rolls.
- Buffalo Chicken - Make this recipe entirely new by changing it up and using buffalo sauce and cooked chicken.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy our Air Fryer Pizza Wontons recipe.
You only need four basic kitchen tools to help you make these easy pizza rolls. You most likely already have these tools on hand.
- mixing bowl
- parchment paper
- air fryer
- 7 inch metal pan
These air fryer pizza rolls most likely won't last long in your house, but if you do happen to have leftovers don't worry. These homemade pizza rolls store well in the fridge for up to three days.
- For the best crispy result, do not overcrowd for air fryer.
- Line your air fryer basket with parchment paper for easy clean up.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Do you like air fryer recipes? Here are some recipes you may also like to try
Do you have questions about air fryer pizza rolls? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about this recipe?
Reheat leftover pizza rolls in the air fryer at 375 degrees for three to five minutes or until they are warm all the way through.
Freeze cooked pizza rolls in a freezer-safe container for up to three months.
Yes, you can double this recipe however you will need to make sure that you cook your pizza rolls in batches and not all at one time.
Yes, bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
Air Fryer Pizza Rolls Video
Recipe Name Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- 7 inch metal cake pan
- Place parchment paper on bottom of your 7 inch round metal cake pan and coat in cooking spray.
- Also, spray a small amount of cooking spray on your workstation. Place dough on top and manipulate dough until it's roughly a 6 or 7 inch flat square. Then slice into 12 pieces, as equal as you can get them. Just like shown in the picture. Cover dough with plastic wrap until needed. You don't want your dough to dry out.
- Grab a chunk of dough and press into a 3 to 3 ½ inch circle. Put the first slice of pepperoni in to the middle of each circle. A big pinch of cheese on top, followed by another pepperoni slice, followed by another pinch of cheese and a final pepperoni slice. I try and get as much as I can inside each one. Sometimes I add some parmesan cheese inside too. Pull dough until each ball is sealed up well and all of the stuffing is inside the dough ball.
- Place ball seam side down inside your prepared pan. Once all of your dough balls are made, cover pan with plastic wrap until dough balls rise and grow. They will eventually touch each other after about an hour.
- Using a small microwave safe bowl combine oil and garlic. Heat on high in 15 second intervals until you can start to smell the garlic, usually 30 to 45 seconds.
- After balls have risen remove your plastic wrap and brush top with oil. Cover again with plastic wrap.
- Preheat your air fryer to 365 degrees.
- Air fry for 25 to 30 minutes and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese as soon as pizza balls are cooked and out of air fryer.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake until pizza rolls are beautiful golden brown, around 35 minutes.
Finishing your Pizza Rolls
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese as soon as pizza balls are cooked and out of oven. You need the parmesan cheese to melt and stick to pizza rolls.
- Remove pan from oven and place on rack for at least 15 minutes. Set a timer. Don't skip this step.
- Using a butter knife, loosen edge of rolls from pan and dump on rack for at least another 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy every bite with some heated pizza sauce.