These air fryer crescent rolls are loaded with sweet and creamy Nutella and fresh strawberries for a simple, yet delicious treat! The air fryer cooks them until crispy, golden brown perfection on the outside! Yummo!
I don't know about you, but I think Nutella is just about the greatest thing ever invented. I'm always looking for ways to incorporate it into recipes, and this delicious recipe for air fryer strawberry Nutella crescent rolls was just the thing!
I took my inspiration for this recipe from my crescent roll chocolate twists, and both crescent roll recipes are delicious with a nice cup of coffee sweetened with my copycat Coffee Mate pumpkin spice creamer.
Why You Will Love Nutella Crescent Rolls
- Incredibly easy to make, requiring minimal prep time.
- Cook up in the air fryer perfectly. The crescent rolls will be crispy and flaky on the outside while warm and tender on the inside.
- Customize your crescent rolls with a variety of fillings as the possibilities are endless!
- Store-bought crescent roll dough is an affordable ingredient to use in recipes.
It only takes a handful of simple ingredients to make these easy air fried crescent rolls. You'll find everything you need in one quick trip to the grocery store. Be sure to check the recipe card at the end of the post for exact amounts.
- Refrigerated crescent roll dough: Any brand works! These are found in the refrigerator section of the grocery store usually close to the dairy.
- Nutella: A chocolate hazelnut spread that works perfectly in this recipe.
- Strawberries: Fresh, ripe strawberries are best.
- Powdered sugar: For sprinkling at the end.
Substitutions and Variations
When it comes to Air Fryer Crescent Rolls, the possibilities for variations and fillings are endless.
- Sprinkle in some hazelnuts or coconut over the Nutella for a bit of crunch! These flavors go best with the Nutella but you can also try with peanuts, almonds, pecans, or walnuts.
- Add a dusting of cinnamon on the dough before air frying.
- Use apple pie filling instead of the nutella and strawberries to make apple pie crescent rolls.
- Use your favorite berries in place of strawberries.
- Swap the berries for sliced bananas.
Prefer to make some savory stuffed crescent rolls? Using my sausage cream cheese crescent rolls, here are some other favorite combinations to try!
- Make pizza crescent rolls with pizza sauce, cheese, and pepperoni.
- Try some taco crescent rolls with taco meat for taco crescent rolls.
- Make cheesy hot dog crescent rolls by wrapping up hot dogs and cheese.
- Wrap smoked sausage in the crescent dough to make air fryer pigs in a blanket.
- Make breakfast crescent rolls by stuffing them with scrambled eggs and/or sausage, bacon, or ham, and cheese
How to Make Air Fryer Crescent Rolls with Nutella
This nutella crescent rolls recipe only takes a few simple steps and a few minutes to make. You'll be in and out of the kitchen in no time!
The highlights are here, but you can find the complete instructions in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Place your crescent roll flat on a cutting board and top with Nutella and strawberries.
- Roll up the crescent dough starting from the long end until tightly wrapped.
- Place the strawberry Nutella crescent rolls in the air fryer basket.
- Cook them until golden brown.
- Pipe more Nutella on top of the air fryer strawberry Nutella crescent rolls and dust with powdered sugar.
⭐️ Hint: Don't overload your crescent roll triangles or the filling will ooze out everywhere.
If you think these sweet dessert crescent rolls look good, then check out our apple cream cheese crescent ring.
- Refrigerator or Counter: You can store these on the counter for up to two days but since these contain fresh strawberries they will last longer when stored in the fridge. Place them in an air-tight container and they should last up to four days. Be sure to store them in a single layer.
- Freezer: Flash freeze the crescent rolls after they've cooked and fully cooled. Then place them in an air-tight, freezer-safe container and store for up to 2 months.
- Reheat: Bake covered at 300 degrees on a baking sheet for 5 minutes until heated through.
Your family and kids will love the crispy, golden-brown exterior and the soft, tender interior of these rolls.
Serve them up for an easy dessert after dinner! Drizzle them with caramel sauce and serve with ice cream or whipped cream to make them extra special!
For the best results when making Nutella crescent rolls, follow these simple tips.
- Always preheat your air fryer to help achieve that perfect golden brown color and crispiness.
- Use parchment paper or cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Keep an eye on your crescent rolls as they cook as cooking times may vary.
- Place the ingredients in the center of each roll and don't overstuff for easy rolling!
- Roll the dough from the wide end down to the point, and slightly curl the ends to create a crescent shape.
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer basket and give each crescent roll ample space to ensure even cooking and browning. This means you may need to cook in batches.
- Crescent rolls taste best when served fresh out of the air fryer, so enjoy them immediately!
These Nutella and strawberry-filled crescent rolls are best enjoyed warm, fresh out of the oven but, if you find yourself with leftovers, you can enjoy them cold, at room temperature, or reheated.
Yes, you can. Stuff the dough, brush the rolls with butter just as you normally would, and bake per the package’s instructions.
You bet! After cooking, allow the Nutella and strawberry filled crescents to cool to room temperature before arranging them on a baking sheet and popping them in the freezer for a couple of hours to firm up (this is called flash freezing).
Once frozen, transfer the rolls to a freezer-safe airtight container and store them in the freezer for up to 2 months. Allow them to thaw in the fridge before enjoying cold or reheating.
More Air Fryer Dessert Recipes
Do you like the ease of cooking in your air fryer? Here are some recipes you may also like to try!
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Air Fryer Crescent Rolls with Nutella and Strawberries
- spoon to fill the crescent rolls
- Pipping bag optional, you can also use a small ziplock bag and cut off a corner or drizzle with a spoon
- 1 pack refrigerated crescent rolls pack of 8
- 2 cups Nutella divided
- 8 strawberries quartered
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Stuff the crescent rolls. Separate the crescent rolls so that you have 8 individual rolls. Roll each one around 2 tablespoons of Nutella and 1 quartered strawberry.
- Prep. Preheat the air fryer to 340 degrees and spray the basket with non-stick baking spray.
- Load the air fryer. Arrange the stuffed crescent rolls in a single layer in the basket of the air fryer. Give the crescents plenty of space. If you need to cook them in batches, do so.
- Air fry. Air fry the rolls for 6 minutes. No need to flip them.
- Finish. Dust with powdered sugar and drizzle with any remaining Nutella. You can use a pipping bag for this or drizzle the Nutella over the crescents with a spoon.