Creamy Chicken Parmesan Pasta is the perfect meal for any night of the week. Loaded with veggies in a silky sauce, this dish is colorful and lovely!
My friend Marcel, who passed away earlier this year, shared this recipe with me and it is yet another recipe we enjoy to help use up all of our zucchinis! We were always looking for different ways to use up all of our zucchinis and other vegetables from our garden!
We also usually use carrots, mushrooms, onions and peppers but every vegetable will work! Use this recipe as a fridge cleaner and use up whatever vegetables you need to or your favorites will do just fine! This sauce works with all of them!This sauce is what makes this Creamy Chicken Parmesan Pasta dish so amazing! The sauce is what will make this recipe a definite keeper for you! I can’t help but go on about this sauce, as you can tell the sauce is my favorite part of this dish! Isn’t that terrible?!
Now I will stop rambling on about how tasty this sauce is and I will tell you another reason this is a great recipe! One pot meals like this are wonderful! Easy to prepare and easy to clean up! Use your favorite pasta or whatever you have on hand. They all work beautifully! This dish is colorful and tasty! Perfect for busy weeknights or a celebration!
Ingredients in Creamy Chicken Parmesan Pasta
- chicken breasts
- sweet peppers
- dried crushed red pepper flakes
- lemon juice
- heavy or whipping cream
- chicken broth
- Parmesan cheese
How to make Creamy Chicken Parmesan Pasta
In a large skillet, over medium heat, heat oil until it shimmers or when a drop of water flicked in it dances.
Season your chicken all over with salt and pepper.
Add the chicken to your skillet and cook until chicken is almost cooked.
Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
Add more oil to your skillet and allow it to heat up. Add, onion and mushrooms to the skillet and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
Add garlic, oregano and crushed red pepper flakes and stir for another minute or two.
Add the pasta, 2 cups of the water, and the broth.
Bring to a boil over high heat and cook until the liquid is very thick and syrupy and almost completely absorbed, 12 to 15 minutes.
Add zucchini, peppers, carrots and the remaining ¾ cup water.
Cover, reduce the heat to medium, and cook, 3 to 5 minutes.
Uncover and return the heat to high.
Stir in the cream, Parmesan and chicken with any juices.
Continue to simmer, uncovered, until the sauce is thickened and the chicken is cooked, just a few minutes.
Remove from heat, add lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve immediately with extra parmesan cheese if desired. Enjoy!
More Delicious Pasta Dishes to Try
Of course we made a video for this Creamy Chicken Parmesan Pasta and it will be ready soon! Hopefully you have a moment to check back and have a look!
Creamy Chicken Parmesan Pasta
- large skillet
- 1 pound chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive or another vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, fresh, sliced
- 1 cup peppers, green, yellow, orange or red, cored, chopped
- 2 cups zucchini, sliced and quartered
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon oregano, dried (ground or leaves) more or less to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes -
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream (35%)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 ¾ cups water
- 2 cups pasta
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese plus more for serving
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, heat oil until it shimmers or when a drop of water flicked in it dances.
- Season chicken all over with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook until it's almost cooked.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add more oil to the skillet and allow it to heat up.
- Add, onions and mushrooms and cook until tender; about 5 minutes.
- Stir constantly.
- Add garlic, oregano, crushed red pepper flakes and stir for another minute or two.
- Add the pasta, 2 cups of the water, and the broth.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and cook until the liquid is very thick, syrupy and almost completely absorbed; 12 to 15 minutes.
- Add peppers, zucchini, carrots and the remaining ¾ cup water.
- Cover, reduce the heat to medium, and cook, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Uncover and return the heat to high.
- Stir in the cream, Parmesan cheese and chicken with the juices.
- Continue to simmer, uncovered, until the sauce is thickened and the chicken is cooked; just a few minutes.
- Remove from heat, add lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately with extra Parmesan cheese if desired. Enjoy!