These air fryer blueberry muffins are the perfect answer to an easy, healthy addition to your morning breakfast routine. They cook up into tasty, moist, and fluffy air fryer muffins in about 25 minutes!
I am always on the hunt for ways to make breakfast easier in the mornings! Lately, the air fryer has been my go-to kitchen tool for saving time and getting out the door. It cooks up food easily and there's no need to spend 15-20 minutes waiting for the oven to heat.
These healthy air fryer muffins skip the sugar on top for a lightly sweet breakfast baked good you feel good about. You can cook a batch of these in the morning for breakfast and then use the leftovers for a snack later in the day or for a lunch box addition.
Blueberry Muffins in the Air Fryer
If you're looking for our best muffin recipes check out our Fall Muffin Recipes list for some great ideas.
Making blueberry muffins in the air fryer takes only a handful of simple, easy-to-find ingredients.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Granulated sugar
- Salted butter
- Vanilla extract
- Fresh blueberries
- Brown sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- All-purpose flour
See the recipe card further down on the page for the exact quantities of each ingredient.
These muffins mix up in two easy steps and then the air fryer does the rest of the work! From start to finish it will take about 25 minutes to make fresh, hot blueberry muffins.
Step 1: Mix Together the Wet Ingredients
Combine the sugar, milk, melted butter, egg, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and stir until well mixed.
Step 2: Add the Dry Ingredients and Blueberries
Add the flour, baking powder and cinnamon to the sugar and milk mixture and stir until just combined. Add the blueberries to the bowl and use a spatula to gently fold the batter over the blueberries until they are mixed throughout the batter. Make topping and cover muffins with it.
Step 3: Fill the Silicone Muffin Cups
Fill your silicone baking cups about ¾ full with batter and place them in the air fryer basket. If you are using a smaller air fryer, you may need to work in batches.
Step 4: Bake in the Air Fryer
Cook on the air fry setting at 340 degrees F for 11-14 minutes, or until the blueberry muffins are fully cooked and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Hint: To bake muffins in your air fryer, you will need silicone muffin liners. You can opt for a small tray that will fit in your air fryer or pick out individual liners which you can use in any size air fryer. They are reusable and will work in the microwave and oven as well. Check your local baking store or online for various options.
Don't have the correct ingredients on hand? Or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to make little swaps for ingredients when making blueberry muffins in the air fryer.
- Self-rising flour - Swap out with all-purpose flour and add 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Fresh blueberries - If fresh aren't available, you can also make these muffins using frozen berries. No need to thaw them out just add them to the batter and mix.
- Vanilla extract - Maple syrup makes a handy substitute for the vanilla extract. Just use the same amount of syrup as a replacement.
Want to personalize your air fryer muffins recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Switch up the berries - Swap out the blueberries with your favorite fresh or frozen berries. Raspberries and blackberries are great without any additional work. If you want to use strawberries, they will need to be chopped into smaller pieces. You can also make muffins with a mix of berries.
- Lemon or orange zest - Mix 1 teaspoon of lemon or orange zest into the batter to add a little citrus flavor to the muffins.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy these Blueberry Honey Cornbread Muffins.
Blueberry muffins can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-2 days or in the refrigerator for up to 5-7 days. You can also freeze them in an airtight container and take them out as you need them.
Making air fryer blueberry muffins isn't difficult but here are a few quick tips to make it easier and ensure you get excellent results.
- Allow the muffins to cool slightly before serving.
- Air fryer cook times may vary depending on the brand and air fryer size so the first time you make this recipe, check them at various intervals for doneness and then adjust as needed.
- You may need to cook in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Don't overmix the muffin batter or you will end up with less delicate muffins. Mix just until everything is combined.
- Don't overfill the liners to prevent overflow and a huge mess.
More Blueberry Recipes
Do you like blueberries? Here are some of my favorite recipes using them you may also like to try:
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions I receive about making blueberry muffins in the air fryer.
You can use paper liners but the silicone liners are a bit more sturdy and easier to use especially if you don't have a pan that will fit inside the air fryer basket to hold the filled paper muffin liners.
For a lighter and fluffier blueberry muffin, allow the milk and egg to come up to room temperature before mixing everything together.
I prefer making muffins with butter. While both options add fat to the muffin batter which contributes to the overall texture of the muffins, melted butter also adds flavor to the muffins.
Air Fryer Blueberry Muffins
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Air Fryer Blueberry Muffins
- Get out and measure your ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, eggs, vanilla, milk and melted butter until well mixed.
- Add the flour, baking powder and cinnamon and mix with a spatula or wooden spoon only until combined.
- Add the blueberries and gently fold to disperse in the batter.
- Prepare baking pan with cooking spray. Fill the silicone baking cups about ⅔ full with batter.
- Prepare sugars, flour and butter in a small bowl. Use a fork and mix until crumbs. Place on top of each muffin.
- Place the filled baking cups in the air fryer basket.
- Cook on the air fry setting at 320F for 12-14 minutes, or until the blueberry muffins are fully cooked and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Allow the muffins to cool slightly before serving. Enjoy every bite!