Blueberry Lemon Cookies are so good! The fresh, sweet blueberries and the tartness of the lemon is refreshing and perfect for any occasion!
These Blueberry Lemon Cookies are the perfect cookie version of your favorite muffin! They are perfect for fresh blueberry season.
If you are a follower of this blog, you already know how we feel about desserts around my house. We LOVE them. I am always looking for new and exciting treats.
One morning we were eating blueberry muffins. I thought about how delicious that would be as a cookie. Plus if there is fruit it makes it healthier right?? Well, I like to think so!
When I first tried the cookies with just blueberries I knew something was missing. I then went back to the drawing board. I went back to the farmer’s market for more fresh blueberries.
There was a booth that was selling fresh lemonade. The solution to my cookie problem didn’t occur to me until I was enjoying a tall lemonade on my way home.
Blueberries and lemons go perfectly together. Just the right amount of tart and sweet. I have been making these Blueberry Lemon Cookies ever since!
When I got home I tried the recipe again, this time using the zest and the juice of a lemon. I knew I was on the right track as the were baking. The lemon smelled amazing!
That night we had these Blueberry Lemon Cookies as our nightly sweet treat. These cookies with a big glass of milk tasted perfect! They have been a favorite here ever since.
We have played with the amounts of blueberries and lemon. You can add more or less of each to make them perfect for your family!
Ingredients for Blueberry Lemon Cookies
- brown sugar
- baking soda
- fresh blueberries
- lemon juice
- lemon zest
How do you make Blueberry Lemon Cookies?
In a large mixing bowl cream together butter and sugars.
Add eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest (if using) and vanilla and stir until combined.
Add salt, soda, and flour and beat until well incorporated. An electric hand mixer makes this easier.
Stir in blueberries. Refrigerate for at least an hour before baking.
Form discs that are ¾ – 1 inch thick and 1 ½-2 inches wide.
Serve and enjoy!
If you enjoy lemon desserts as much as we do, check out our other recipes that I believe are definitely worth a try! If not, I would love to hear what you think of our Blueberry Lemon Cookies!
Other Lemon Desserts
- Easy Lemon Layered Pound Cake
- Simple Lemon Pudding Cake
- Sweet Lemony Crackle Cookies
- Ladyfinger Lemon Cake
- Raspberry and Lemon Thumbprints
- Lemon Poppy Seed Blueberry Muffins
- Blueberry Scones with Lemon Glaze
- Pick a Pie Filling Squares
- Glazed Raspberry Lemon Loaf
Blueberry Lemon Cookies
- rimmed baking sheet
- 1 cup butter - softened - 2 sticks
- ¾ cup brown sugar packed -
- ¾ cup sugar -
- 3 cups all-purpose flour -
- 2 eggs large -
- ½ teaspoon salt -
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda -
- 1 ¼ - 1 ½ cups blueberries
- 3 tblsp lemon juice -
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract -
- cooking spray
- 1 tblsp grated lemon zest - optional
- Get out and measure your ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together butter and sugars together.
- Until smooth and creamy.
- Add eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest (if using) and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Add salt, soda, and flour.
- Beat until incorporated. An electric hand mixer makes this easier.
- Stir in blueberries. Refrigerate for at least an hour before baking.
- When you are ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a rimmed baking sheet coated in cooking spray.
- Form discs that are ¾ - 1 inch thick and 1 ½-2 inches wide.
- Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes.
- Until they start to lose their shiny surface and the edge starts to set. These cookies are better underdone.
- Cool at least 5 minutes on cookie sheets before removing to cool on wire racks.
- Enjoy every bite!