This copycat Wendy’s grilled chicken wrap recipe is loaded with flavor, not work. A simple wrap, it comes together quickly and boasts a tasty honey mustard sauce to go with the grilled chicken.
I love fast food, but I’ve been trying to eat a healthier diet. To that end, I’ve opted for healthier options like wraps, and I decided it was high time I made my own version of one of my favorites.
Grilled Chicken Wrap Recipe
It only takes a handful of ingredients to make this recipe. You’ll easily find everything you need at your local grocery store.
- Tortilla wraps
- Honey mustard sauce
- Lettuce leaves of your choice, torn
- Shredded cheddar cheese
See the recipe card at the end of the post for quantities.
Making this wrap is as easy as shopping for the ingredients. In just a few minutes, you’ll have a delicious, healthy wrap that everyone will love.
Step 1: Grill the Chicken
Grease your grill grates and preheat for 10 minutes. While the grill preheats, season the chicken with salt. Then grill until cooked through – about 5 minutes per side. Let the chicken cool and then slice it into strips or shred it.
Step 2: Assemble the Wrap
Place the torn lettuce on the tortilla. Then, add the sliced or shredded chicken breast. Finally, top with honey mustard and shredded cheese and roll it up. Enjoy!
Hint: Be sure to let your grill preheat for a full 10 minutes to ensure even cooking and a lovely grilled exterior.
Don’t have the correct ingredients on hand or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this grilled chicken wrap recipe.
- Lettuce – Use any lettuce you choose. They all work well.
- Cheese – I like cheddar cheese, but you can use your favorite cheese.
- Different Meat – You can also use beef or pork for these wraps.
Want to personalize this copycat Wendy’s grilled chicken wrap recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Spicy – Add some chili flakes or cayenne to your honey mustard sauce.
- Sliced Tomato – Sliced tomato is delicious in this wrap.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this cheesy honey mustard turkey pinwheel.
It takes almost no equipment to make this wrap.
- Measuring spoons
- Knife and cutting board to slice the chicken
- Two forks or two shredding claws (to shred the chicken if you prefer)
You can store the grilled chicken for these wraps for up to 4 days.
This is one of the easiest recipes – copycat or otherwise – that you’ll ever make. That being said, I do have some tips that will help make it even better.
- Always preheat your grill to ensure even cooking.
- Only flip your chicken once to get those great grill lines.
More Wrap Recipes
Do you like wraps? Here are some recipes you may also like to try.
Do you have questions about grilled chicken wraps? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about Wendy’s grilled chicken wrap.
Yes, they are. They use grilled chicken instead of fried, and they only have 260 calories. This copycat version is just as healthy!
The wraps should be eaten immediately, but the chicken used for them can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
If you’re going for healthy, try sweet potato wedges, mixed vegetables, or a salad. If you’re going for pure flavor, you can’t beat french fries!
Copycat Wendy’s Grilled Chicken Wrap
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Wendy’s Grilled Chicken Wraps
- barbecue or grill
- 6-10 tortilla wraps make as many wraps as large as you want
- 2-3 chicken breasts boneless, skinless, 2 chicken breasts for 4 servings and 3 chicken breasts for 6
- 2-3 teaspoons salt
- ½-1 cup honey mustard sauce
- ½-1 cup head or baby romaine lettuce shredded or torn, more or less to taste
- ½-1 cup cheddar cheese shredded, more or less to taste
- Get out and measure your ingredients.
- Clean and grease your grill with oil and preheat one side on high and the other side on low for 10 minutes.
- Season your chicken breast with salt.
- Place chicken breasts on the hot side of the grill and allow chicken to sit undisturbed until grill marks start appearing. Check one after a couple minutes. Once nicely colored, flip chicken over.
- After a minute, nudge and move chicken breasts to side with low heat. Cover and cook until 155 degrees, remove from heat, loosely tent with foil and allow to rest for at least 5 minute before serving. Chicken will finish cooking while it rests.
- Place cooked chicken breasts on cutting board and slice into long strips, as thick or as thin as you desire.
Assemble the Wrap
- At your workstation, smear honey mustard in the middle third of your tortilla.
- Add lettuce, cheese and cooked chicken strips.
- Fold long edge.
- Fold bottom over.
- Fold remaining side over.
- Serve with more honey mustard dipping sauce if desired..
- Enjoy every bite!