This healthy honey mustard dipping sauce is packed with honey mustard flavor and nothing else. This flavorful sauce is perfect for pretzels, chicken fingers, nuggets, or even a sandwich topping.
I adore honey mustard sauce. It has the perfect combination of sweet and tangy, and it’s always so good on so many things. This version uses only simple ingredients to keep it light and healthy.
Healthy Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
This was inspired by my honey mustards chicken recipe. I loved the flavor of the honey mustard sauce I made for the chicken, and I was inspired to make my own simple honey mustard sauce. This sauce pairs well with thes amazing air fryer pretzel dogs, and that’s just the beginning. It’s great with so many different foods.
It only takes a handful of simple ingredients to make this sauce. In fact, you probably have all of them in your kitchen right now.
- Yellow or Dijon mustard
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
See the recipe card at the end of the post for quantities.
This super simple recipe comes together in just two steps.
Step 1: Combine Honey and Mustard
Combine the honey and mustard in a small bowl a little at a time until you reach your desired consistency and flavor balance, mixing as you go to keep it smooth.
Step 2: Season and Chill
Season your sauce with salt and pepper to taste. Then, chill for at least an hour before serving.
Hint: Stir your honey mustard between additions to keep it smooth and combine the flavors. This helps you determine when your desired flavor profile has been reached.
Don’t have the correct ingredients on hand or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this healthy honey mustard dipping sauce.
- Brown Mustard – You can use brown mustard in this recipe, as well.
- Your Favorite Honey – Use your favorite honey for this recipe from storebought to locally grown.
Want to personalize this healthy honey mustard recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Spicy – Make the recipe with spicy brown mustard or a little cayenne for a kick of heat.
- Cinnamon – A dash of cinnamon adds an earthiness to this dip that’s really tasty.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy these honey mustard turkey pinwheels.
You don’t need much of anything to make this tasty dip.
- Mixing bowl
You can store this dip in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
It doesn’t get much easier than this recipe. That being said, like anything easy there are still a couple of little tricks to know to make things even better.
- Stir the sauce thoroughly to ensure that it’s completely blended as you work toward your desired consistency and flavor.
- Avoid contaminating your dip. Never dip your food directly into the storage container.
More Honey Recipes
Do you like honey? Here are some recipes you may also like to try.
Do you have questions about this healthy honey mustard dipping sauce? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about honey mustard.
No one knows. That’s because it’s been around as far back as the 4th or 5th century. It’s actually mentioned in an ancient Roman cookbook.
You can freeze honey mustard for up to a year. Fill ice cube trays with the honey mustard and freeze it. Then, pop the cubes out and store them in a heavy-duty freezer bag.
All kinds of things!
Baked or fried chicken
Chicken fingers or nuggets
Healthy Honey Mustard
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Healthy Honey Mustard Dip
- ½ cup yellow or Dijon mustard
- ¼ to ⅓ cup liquid honey
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Get out and measure your ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine mustard and honey until smooth. Taste to see if you prefer more honey or mustard. Add a little at a time until you achieve your desired result.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste if desired. I usually don’t add any salt or pepper. My husband adds pepper.
- This sauce should be refrigerated for at least an hour before serving, the longer the better.
- Serve and enjoy every bite!