Smoked carrots with honey glaze are so tender and sweet, they make the perfect side dish for almost any meal. With their sweet honey flavor infused with smoke, they’re a whole new way to enjoy carrots!
I love cooking with carrots, and my husband, Ken, loves smoking just about anything. It only seemed natural to combine the two when I decided to make yet another batch of honey-glazed carrots. What we came up with was pure magic!
Smoked Carrots Recipe
It only takes a handful of ingredients to make these delicious carrots, and chances are you have all of them in your kitchen right now. It’s that simple!
- Melted butter
- Sea salt
- Coarsely ground pepper
- Fresh parsley, chopped
See the recipe card at the end of the post for amounts and cooking times.
If you thought the ingredient list was simple, just wait until you see the recipe itself. It’s an absolute breeze. It comes together quickly and packs a punch of sweet flavor with almost zero effort.
Step 1: Prep the Carrots and Smoker
Preheat your pellet smoker and line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper.
While the smoker is preheating, wash and pat the carrots dry. Chop the ends off of both sides of the carrots and then slice them in half on a 45-degree angle.
Step 2: Coat the Carrots with the Honey Mixture
In a large mixing bowl, pour the melted butter, honey, salt, and pepper over the carrots and mix well to coat.
Step 3: Smoke the Carrots
Line the carrots on the baking sheet in a single layer and place them in the smoker until they’re fork-tender.
Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
Hint: Don’t peel your carrots. The nubby skin actually helps the carrots hold on to all that delicious honey coating.
Don’t have the correct ingredients on hand? Or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this smoked carrots recipe.
- Brown Sugar – If you don’t have honey, brown sugar works very well.
- Sugar Free – If you’re watching your sugar intake, you can find sugar-free or low sugar brown sugar substitutes at the grocery store.
- Smoke Pellets – Use any kind of pellets you want for this recipe. Any smoke flavor will pair well with the honey in this recipe.
- Salted Butter – If you only have salted butter, use that and simply omit the sea salt.
Want to personalize this smoked carrots recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Spicy – Add chili pepper flakes to the glaze for a kick of flavorful heat.
- New Potatoes – To add even more oomph to the recipe, try adding new potatoes to the mix, as well.
- Cook them Whole – You can cook these carrots whole, as well!
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy our smoked cauliflower.
It takes next to nothing to make these delicious carrots. You’ll only need a few items.
- Knife and cutting board
- Mixing bowl
You can store these carrots in the refrigerator for three to five days. You CAN freeze these carrots, but we don’t recommend it, as the texture changes.
This is one of the simplest recipes you’ll ever make. That being said, there are a few things to know to ensure you make the absolute best carrots possible.
- Use high-quality pellets. Bargain basement pellets have lots of fillers and not a lot of flavor.
- Mixing the carrots with the honey mixture is easiest by hand. Just use a rubber glove.
- Be sure your carrots are totally dry. The honey mixture won’t stick to wet carrots.
- Mix the carrots for about a minute or so. Doing this allows the butter to begin to stiffen a little, helping the mixture stick to the carrots.
More Carrot Recipes
Do you like carrots? Here some recipes you may also like to try.
Do you have questions about smoked carrots with honey glaze? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about this smoked carrots recipe.
You can smoke these carrots in a regular smoker, but pellet smokers are easier for a recipe like this.
You can use any flavor you like. They all work well. I do recommend using high-quality pellets, however.
These carrots will last for between three and five days.
I don’t recommend freezing the carrots. You can do it, but their texture will change.
To reheat these carrots, place them on a baking sheet and heat them in the oven at 350 until hot.
You can serve them with almost anything. Their sweet flavor makes them the perfect accompaniment to beef, pork, chicken, and even fish.
Smoked Carrots with Honey Glaze
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Smoked Honey Glazed Carrots
- 8 Large Carrots
- ⅓ Cup Honey
- ¼ Cup Melted Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Coarsely Ground Pepper
- Fresh Parsley chopped (optional)
- Preheat your pellet smoker to 400 degrees and line a medium sized baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and pat dry the carrots. Chop both ends off of each carrot, then slice them in half at a 45-degree angle.
- Place the carrots in a large mixing bowl and pour the melted butter, honey, salt, and pepper over the top of them. Mix well.
- Line the carrots, in a single layer, on the prepared baking sheet and place them in the smoker.
- Smoke for 35-40 minutes, or until fork-tender.
- Remove, garnish with freshly chopped parsley, if desired, and enjoy!