This smoked tuna dip recipe takes simple tuna dip and takes it to a completely new place. This dip is loaded with delicious flavor, and the added smokiness makes it pop, pop, pop.
I love making tuna dip, and my husband loves smoking anything in sight, so we decided to combine the two. That's how we came up with this absolutely delicious dip.
Smoked Tuna Fish Dip Recipe
It only takes a handful of ingredients to make this recipe. Everything you need is either in your kitchen or easily found at the grocery store.
- Cream cheese
- Dijon or yellow mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
See the recipe card at the end of the post for quantities and cooking times.
How to Make Smoked Tuna Dip
Making this tuna dip is as simple as shopping for it. It only takes a couple of steps, and you'll have delicious, smoky tuna goodness ready for dipping!
Step 1: Prep
Gather up your ingredients and measure them out, then chop the spring onions. Preheat the smoker.
Step 2: Mix the Dip Ingredients
Add the chopped onions, tuna, mustard, cream cheese, seasoning, and the juice of ½ a lemon and mix well.
Step 3: Smoke the Dip
Smoke the tuna until warmed through. For an extra smoky flavor, feel free to smoke a bit longer. It takes about an hour to smoke this delicious dip.
Hint: Be sure not to smoke your tuna dip for too long, or you risk drying it out.
Don't have the correct ingredients on hand or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this smoked tuna dip recipe.
- Salmon - If you don't have tuna, salmon will work well in this recipe.
- Lemon Juice - You can use bottled lemon juice in place of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Yellow Mustard - Yellow mustard will work in a pinch if you don't have dijon mustard.
Want to personalize this smoked tuna dip recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Spicy - Add some red pepper flakes for a kick of flavor and spice.
- Diced Celery - Diced celery adds a nice crunch and flavor to the dip.
- Hot Sauce or Liquid Smoke - add some extra heat or smoky flavor
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this spicy shrimp dip.
You need next to nothing to make this dip. It only takes a few basic kitchen implements and, of course, a smoker.
- Mixign bowl
this tuna dip will last in the refrigerator for three to four days or in the freezer for about three months.
This recipe is extremely simple, but I do have a couple o little tricks to help make sure you make the best dip possible.
- When you mix the dip, do it gently but thoroughly. The object is to thoroughly combine the ingredients will still maintaining as much of the flaky integrity of the tuna as possible.
- If you choose to smoke your tuna dip longer for a smokier flavor, keep a close watch on it so you don't dry it out.
More Tuna Recipes
Do you like tuna? Here are some recipes you may also like to try.
Do you have questions about smoked tuna dip? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about this smoked tuna dip recipe.
This dip will last for two to three days in the refrigerator or up to three months in the freezer.
Let the tuna dip chill completely in the refrigerator. Then place it in an air-tight, freezer-safe container, place a layer of cling wrap directly on the tuna, and seal the lid. You can also store it in a heavy-duty freezer bag.
Place the dip in the refrigerator to thaw overnight.
Place the tuna dip in a covered dish and bake at 325 degrees until heated through.
Smoked Tuna Dip
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Smoked Tuna Dip
- 2 cans (4 oz) tuna
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened,
- 2 spring onions thinly sliced
- ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- dashes Liquid Smoke or Hot Sauce
- Get out and measure your ingredients.
- Chop the spring onions and add them to a bowl together with the flaked tuna, mustard, cream cheese and seasoning. Squeeze the lemon and mix well.
- Place tuna mixture inside foil pan.
- Smoke at 200 degrees for about an hour (or until totally warmed through).
- You can definitely smoke for longer to add additional flavor but you must be careful not to dry your dip out.
- Remove foil pan from smoker and place in serving bowl.
- Serve the dip cold with crackers or carrots and celery sticks.
- Enjoy every bite!