Slow Cooker Beef Curry is easy to prepare, full of your favorite vegetables and tender beef, in the most flavorful curry sauce!
This recipe is by far my favorite curry recipe we make and when I am in the mood this is the recipe I go to. I just wish the photo was better. Let me tell you. This recipe has been on a long list to remake and I just haven’t gotten around to it yet.
We have eaten this meal on many occasions and I just never thought to get a better picture! That being said, until I am able to re-shoot one of my original recipes you are just going to have to trust me that this Slow Cooker Beef Curry is delicious and will definitely look better than this photo!
I generally throw in and use the same vegetables, every time we make it although if something needs to get used I never hesitate to throw it in. I would always rather use it than throw it away. Waste makes me crazy.
When I was younger I thought there were kind of rules with recipes but as I have aged I realized that truly anything really goes. There are no rules, carved in stone anywhere, that say something has to be included or not into a recipe.
This wonderful curry can include any vegetables you want in it or need to use. The flavor and the gravy is why you will make it over and over again. That is why I do it!
Ingredients in Easy Slow Cooker Beef Curry
- stewing beef
- beef broth
- curry powder
- tomato paste
- Worcestershire sauce
- bay leaves
- soy sauce
How to make Easy Slow Cooker Beef Curry
In slow cooker add beef broth, curry powder, tomato paste, sugar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaves, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper.
Stir to combine.
Add carrots, potatoes, celery and onions.
Stir until coated.
Cover and cook on low until beef is tender, 6-8 hours, depending on the size of your roast.
In bowl whisk together flour, butter, and water until smooth and creamy.
Add into slow cooker and gently combine.
Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes or until thickened.
Stir in vinegar and discard bay leaves.
Serve over rice or noodles. Enjoy!
More Slow Cooker Beef Recipes
Slow Cooker Beef Curry
- 3 pounds stewing beef, cut in 1 inch chunks
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 ½ cups beef broth
- 5 medium potatoes, large, white, peeled and cut into 1inch chunks
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 cups baby carrots or, regular carrots, cut into 1 inch chunks or 3 large
- ⅓ cup curry powder, mild or spicy
- 1 can (5 ½ - 6 oz) tomato paste
- 3 tblsp sugar
- 3 tblsp Worcestershire sauce
- 5 leaves bay-
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tblsp ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tblsp butter, unsalted, melted
- 2 tblsp garlic, minced
- 1 tblsp vinegar
- In slow cooker add beef broth, curry powder, tomato paste, sugar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaves, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine.
- Add carrots, potatoes, celery and onions.
- Stir until coated.
- Cover and cook on low until beef is tender, 6-8 hours, depending on the size of your roast.
- In bowl whisk together flour, butter, and water until smooth and creamy.
- Add into slow cooker and gently combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in vinegar and discard bay leaves.
- Serve over rice or noodles. Enjoy!