This Easy Slow Cooker Beef and Vegetables recipe is our healthy Mongolian Beef and Broccoli, with beef or steak, broccoli, more vegetables in a tasty sauce! Perfect with rice or any noodle you desire, this dinner will satisfy every time!
Beef and Broccoli Recipe
For a long time we were making our version of Beef and Broccoli without any other vegetables when Ken decided to use up some extras we had in the fridge.
It sounds ridiculous but for a minute I thought you can’t do that. Beef and Broccoli is called Beef and Broccoli for a reason.
Then I thought no one will know.
Next, I gave my head a shake and realized that there is no reason why we can’t just call it Slow Cooker Beef and Vegetables going forward.
The sauce is what makes this dish awesome and for us, the more vegetables the better.
I wish he did it sooner or I thought of it. I still can’t believe it never occurred to me after all of these years!
Crock Pot Beef and Broccoli
This recipe is designed to accommodate between 4 and 6 cups of your favorite vegetables or vegetables you have on hand and need to use up.
As long as you do this your Slow Cooker Beef and Vegetables will work out beautifully, every time!
I generally use broccoli, mushrooms, onions, sugar snap peas and peppers. I don’t know why, I just do and I love the results.
On occasion, I will use carrots and cauliflower too.
I swap them in and out depending on what I have on hand or need to use up!
All we have to remember is between 4 and 6 cups.
Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli with flank steak, stew meat
Slow Cooker Beef and Vegetables can be made with whatever cut of beef you have around. I just make sure they are in bite sized strips or chunks and I try to cut diagonally, across the grain of the meat.
The result is always more tender I find. Do your best!
Healthy Slow Cooker Beef Recipes
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Beef and Vegetables
- beef, flank steak, tenderloin, sirloin, stewing beef
- beef broth
- dry sherry or oyster sauce
- soy sauce
- sesame oil
- brown sugar or honey
- dried crushed red pepper flakes
- rice or noodles
- green onions or sesame seeds
Vegetables (up to 6 cups worth)
- sweet peppers
- sugar snap peas
How to make Slow Cooker Beef and Vegetables
Then return mixture to slow cooker and gently stir.
Taste the mixture and decide if you think it needs more salt, pepper, garlic, ginger, sugar or honey.
Once you are satisfied with the taste move on to the next step.
Add remaining vegetables, between 4 and 6 cups worth, and turn slow cooker up to high for between 20 to 30 minutes.
In the meantime, prepare rice or noodle of your choice, according to package directions.
Easy Slow Cooker Beef Recipes
Slow Cooker Beef and Vegetables Video
Slow Cooker Beef and Vegetables
- large slow cooker
- 2 pounds beef, flank steak, tenderloin, sirloin, stewing beef, thinly sliced, ¼ - ½ inch thick, across the grain or diagonally
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 cup beef broth -
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- ¾ cup dry sherry or oyster sauce
- 2 tblsp sesame oil
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed or honey
- 3 tblsp garlic, minced
- 2 tblsp ginger, minced
- ¼ cup cornstarch or potato starch
- ¼ teaspoon salt, more or less to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper, more or less to taste
- 1 tblsp dried crushed red pepper flakes, optional, more or less to taste
- rice or noodles of your choice
- green onions, thinly sliced or toasted sesame seeds optional for serving
Vegetables (up to 6 cups worth)
- 1 cup peppers, green, yellow or red, cored, sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms, fresh, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli, florets or cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 cups cauliflower, florets, cut into bite sized pieces optional
- 2 cups carrots, sliced optional
- Turn slow cooker on to low heat.
- Add sliced beef and onions.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together beef broth, soy sauce, dry sherry or oyster sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, ginger, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes. Taste mixture and add salt and pepper accordingly.
- Pour mixture over sliced beef and onions in your slow cooker. Gently toss to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 90 minutes or until meat is almost cooked.
- Remove about ½ cup of liquid from your slow cooker and pour into a bowl.
- Add cornstarch and stir until well blended.
- Then return mixture to slow cooker and gently stir. Taste the mixture and decide if you think it needs more salt, pepper, garlic, ginger, sugar or honey. Once you are satisfied with the taste move on to the next step.
- Add remaining vegetables, between 4 and 6 cups worth, and turn slow cooker up to high for between 20 to 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare rice or noodle of your choice, according to package directions.
- Check to make sure vegetables are tender enough and sauce has thickened. Serve beef and vegetable mixture on top. Add toasted sesame seeds and green onions if desired. Serve immediately. Enjoy!