This air fryer flatbread is crispy on the outside, tender and fluffy on the inside, and oh, so delicious. It’s sure to be your new favorite flatbread recipe.
I love flatbread. From dipping it in olive oil to spreading butter on it or using it as sandwich bread, if I can enjoy flatbread in any way, I will. Lately, I’ve been making my own flatbread, and it’s been amazing!
Air Fryer Flatbread
This was inspired by my zucchini flatbread recipe on this site. I loved the recipe, but I wanted to try making my own flatbread for it rather than buying it from the store. It pairs well with this amazing chicken salad recipe.
It only takes three ingredients to make this recipe. You’ll find them all easily at your local grocery store – that is, if they aren’t already in your kitchen!
- Self-rising flour
- Plain yogurt
- Olive oil
See the recipe card at the end of the post for quantities.
Making this recipe is super easy. It only takes a few steps. Even beginners can make it.
Step 1: Make the Dough
Combine all the dough ingredients and mix with your hands for 2 to 3 minutes until the dough forms.
Step 2: Roll Out the Dough
Place the dough on a floured surface and split it into 8 equal pieces. Then, roll each piece into a ball. Place the ball on the floured surface and roll it out until it’s about 4 inches across. Repeat with each ball.
Step 3: Air Fry
Brush each side of the dough with olive oil and place the disc into the air fryer. Fry for 8 minutes at 300 degrees, flipping halfway through cooking. Repeat until all the flatbread is cooked.
Hint: The circulating air may cause the flatbread to move during cooking. You can use a metal trivet to help hold them in place.
Don’t have the correct ingredients on hand or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this air fryer flatbread.
- Greek Yogurt – You can use plain Greek yogurt in place of plain regular yogurt.
- Vegetable Oil – You can use vegetable oil in place of olive oil.
Want to personalize this air fyer flatbread recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Add Spices – Add spices like rosemary or Italian seasoning to spice up your flatbread.
- Sun-Dried Tomato – Press a slice or two of sun-dried tomato into the top of the flatbread before cooking.
- Cheesy – Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of the flatbread before cooking.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this air fryer toast.
You don’t need much of anything to make this easy recipe.
- Rolling pin
- Air fryer
This bread will keep at room temperature for 2 to 3 days or 5 to 6 days in the refrigerator. For longer storage, you can freeze it for up to 2 months.
It doesn’t get much easier than this recipe. I only have a couple of tips for this one.
- Always preheat your air fryer. It’s a myth that you don’t have to preheat them.
- Be sure you brush your flatbread dough with oil before air frying. This helps it get brown and also prevents it from sticking.
Do you have questions about air fryer flatbread? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about this air fryer flatbread recipe.
Flatbread is a type of bread made with flour, water, milk, yogurt, or other liquid and salt which is then thoroughly rolled into flattened bread.
It was so long ago that no one really knows. We do know that flatbread is most likely the first processed food ever created, with archeological records of it dating as far back as 6,000 years ago.
It will keep for 2 to 3 days at room temperature, up to 6 days in the refrigerator, or up to 2 months in the freezer.
Open-air freeze them until hard, then place them in an air-tight, freezer-safe container or a heavy-duty freezer bag.
More Flatbread Recipes
Do you like flatbread? Here are some recipes you may also like to try.
Air Fryer Flatbread
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Air Fryer Flatbread
- Rolling Pin
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Get out and measure your ingredients.
- Add flour, yogurt, and olive oil to a large bowl.
- Work ingredients with your hands until dough forms. This will take about 2-3 minutes.
- Place dough on a floured surface.
- Split dough into 8 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece into a ball.
- Then roll them out with a rolling pin on your floured surface. Each piece should be rolled out until it is about 4 inches across.
- Brush a small amount of oil onto both sides.
- Preheat your air fryer for 3 minutes at 300ºF.
- Place prepared flatbread into your air fryer basket. Air fryer for 8 minutes, flipping it halfway through.
- Continue until all flatbread are baked.
- Serve and enjoy every bite!
- Flatbread may move around in your air fryer depending on the air flow. Using a metal trivet will help hold them in place and allow them to cook evenly.