This tart and sweet raspberry lemon loaf recipe simply makes the best ever lemon raspberry cake using fresh raspberries and a bright lemon flavor. This tasty summer dessert or lunchtime snack will easily become one of your favorites!
I am blessed with a few raspberry bushes and boy oh boy do they produce a lot of them! I am always looking for new things to do with raspberries but this loaf is at the top of my list! We make it regularly and can't help it.
This loaf is that good, which is why we call it the best ever lemon raspberry loaf. I can't wait for you to try it. I know you'll love it as much as we do.
This recipe was inspired by our air fryer lemon raspberry bundt cake and it's the perfect afternoon treat with a cup of tea. It makes a great dessert to serve for any dinner meal but we love it after digging into a plate of bbq ribs and baby potatoes!
You have the option of not making the glaze but I highly recommend it. I think that lemon and raspberry go beautifully together. Do any of you agree?
Best Ever Lemon Raspberry Loaf Ingredients
This easy recipe uses easy-to-find ingredients available in most grocery stores.
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Salted butter
- Vanilla Greek yogurt
- Fresh raspberries
- Lemon zest
- Fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Powdered sugar
How to Make a Raspberry Lemon Loaf Cake?
Mix up this easy lemon cake with raspberries in just minutes!
Step 1: Mix the Dry Ingredients
Mix together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl.
Step 2: Prepare the Raspberries
In another small bowl mix together the rinsed and drained raspberries and one tablespoon of flour. Set aside.
Step 3: Prepare the Liquid Ingredients
Mix the sugar, vanilla Greek yogurt, melted salted butter, lemon juice, and zest until it is well mixed and looks like a custard. Then add the eggs and mix again.
Step 4: Mix the Batter
Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture. When combined, gently fold the raspberries into the cake batter until just combined.
Step 5: Bake
Use a spatula and pour batter into your prepared loaf pan spreading it until it's even. Bake in the oven and cool before serving.
Step 6: Make the Glaze
Make the glaze once the raspberry and lemon cake is totally cool.
Whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice together until you reach the desired consistency.
Drizzle or spread on your loaf and serve.
Hint: The glaze is totally optional but it really adds something special to this amazing raspberry lemon loaf cake.
Lemon Raspberry Loaf Cake
This loaf also kinda tastes like a cake. Can you imagine eating a lemon raspberry loaf cake? Well, let me tell you I can.
This amazing raspberry lemon loaf cake does taste exactly like a cake. So much so that we almost called this recipe a cake! 😉 This sweet treat can also be called lemon raspberry bread just like banana bread.
You might also agree with my husband who insists at the end of the day the name does not matter. The fact is that this loaf or cake tastes great and should be enjoyed by all.
If you love the flavors of berries and lemon then you definitely need to try these Blueberry Lemon Cookies, Raspberry and Lemon Thumbprints, and Blueberry Scones with Lemon Glaze.
Here are some of our top tips to make your lemon and raspberry loaf cake comes out perfectly!
- Check your loaf: About halfway through baking so if getting too dark on top you can cover the top with a piece of tinfoil for the rest of the baking time.
- Check for doneness: Insert a toothpick in the center of raspberry lemon bread to check if done baking. When the toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean with a few crumbs your loaf is done. Remember all ovens are slightly different.
- Cool in the pan: Cool the loaf pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes before removing the loaf from the pan to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cool completely: Make sure the lemon cake with raspberries is cool before adding glaze or it will simply run off and not stay on top of the loaf.
- Use fresh lemon juice: For the best flavor!
- Top with the best berries: Save 10-12 of the best looking berries to add to the top of the batter just before cooking.
After the lemon glaze is set you can wrap up your lemon loaf in plastic wrap and keep it out for 3 days. If you would like to keep the loaf longer, feel free to keep it in the fridge for up to 6 days or freezer for 2 months.
Yes! Feel free to swap the all-purpose flour with your favorite gluten-free flour. The consistency may change, but the flavor will still be just as delicious.
Best Ever Lemon Raspberry Loaf Cake Video
Other Delicious Lemon Dessert Recipes
Best Ever Lemon Raspberry Loaf Cake
- loaf or bread pan (9 x 5)
- Measuring cups and spoons various sizes
- Stand Mixer
- Wire cooling rack
- Large knife
- 1 ⅓ cup all-purpose flour plus 1 tablespoon divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups fresh raspberries rinsed, plus more for topping (optional)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- ½ cup salted butter melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed (approx. 1 large lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest approx. 1 large lemon
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar or icing sugar
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice depending on desired thickness, more or les to taste
- Get out and measure your ingredients.
- Line an 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper leaving the sides longer for a quicker way to remove the loaf later, and spray uncovered areas with non-stick spray (you can also spray the full pan with non-stick spray first, it will help keep the parchment tighter).
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a small bowl whisk 1 ⅓ cup flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- In another small bowl combine rinsed raspberries and 1 tablespoon of flour.
- Gently fold until combined and set aside. If topping the loaf with raspberries, set aside an additional 10-12.
- On the lowest setting of a stand mixer, with the paddle attachment beat sugar, vanilla Greek yogurt, melted salted butter, lemon juice and zest until it is well mixed and looks like a custard.
- Add in both eggs and mix for about 60 seconds, still on low.
- With the mixer on the lowest setting, add in the dry ingredients for another 60 seconds.
- Until dough is formed.
- With a spatula, carefully add in your raspberries to evenly distribute.
- Gently fold until raspberries are totally incorporated.
- Pour the loaf mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out moist from the center, with a few crumbs or bits.
- Cool the loaf pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Next, remove the loaf from the pan to cool completely on top of the rack.
Make the Glaze
- Once your loaf is cool, start your glaze by whisking icing sugar and lemon juice until you have reached the desired consistency. If the loaf is still too warm the glaze will become thinner and may run off.
- Drizzle or spread glaze all over your loaf.
- Slice and serve.
- Enjoy every bite!
Recipe turned out great. Thank you. Will definitely make again.
Karin and Ken
Glad to hear it. I love this recipe myself. All the best. Karin
Absolutely perfect. Delicious and enjoyed by everyone. Will definitely make again. Thx
Karin and Ken
I’m so happy to hear you loved it! Thank you for letting me know. We love it too! All the best. Karin
I have to say this is the best raspberry lemon loaf I’ve ever eaten. Thank you divas for a job well done ❤️
Karin and Ken
Thank you for your kind words! You made my day! Glad we’re not the only people who love this wonderful dessert. Take care all the best. Karin