This no bake cherry cheesecake dip recipe makes a great addition to any party or special event. It's rich, creamy, and tastes just like cherry cheesecake! Serve it in a bowl or as individual cheesecake dessert cups for dipping.
I love cherry cheesecake and I love dessert dips. So I put them together into one delicious sweet dip that will have your tastebuds firing on all cylinders!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Quick and easy to make with only a few ingredients and 5 minutes of prep time.
- Thick and sweet dessert dip that tastes just like cheesecake.
- Perfect for parties, potlucks, family gatherings, barbecues, and more.
- No baking is required. Just chill for 30 minutes before serving.
You'll only need a handful of simple ingredients to make this delicious dip. You'll find everything you need easily at your local grocery store.
Be sure to check the recipe card at the end of the post for the exact amounts.
- Cream cheese: For the classic cheesecake flavor!
- Powdered sugar: This fine grain sugar easily dissolves into the dip ingredients.
- Frozen whipped topping: Lightens the cheesecake dip making it light and fluffy.
- Marshmallow cream: For extra creaminess, lightness and helps the dip keep its shape.
- Flavor: Lemon juice adds some acid to balance out the sweetness while the vanilla adds a bit of warming flavor to the cheesecake base.
- Cherry pie filling: An easy ingredient to add the cherry on top! You won't need the whole can initially but after eating some of the dip you can add more to the top for more cherry flavor.
Substitutions and Variations
- Change the flavor: It's easy peasy to swap the cherry pie filling for another flavor. Experiment with blueberry, apple, strawberry, raspberry or your favorite pie filling.
- Add some nuts: Sprinkle some chopped peanuts, hazelnuts, almonds, pecans, or walnuts to give it some added crunch.
- Add graham cracker crumbs: Sprinkle over the top to make it more like cheesecake.
- Add Chips: Add chocolate chips, caramel chips, butterscotch chips or white chocolate chips to the top of mix it into the creamy dip.
How to Make Cheesecake Dip
This easy recipe comes together in a flash. It's mostly just a matter of mixing and chilling!
The highlights are here, but you'll find the exact instructions in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Mix the powdered sugar and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the whipped cream, marshmallow fluff, vanilla and lemon juice and mix to combine.
PRO TIP: Your powdered sugar and cream cheese mixture will be crumbly at first, but just keep mixing. Eventually, it will smooth out.
- Place the dip in the fridge to chill after mixed together.
- Top with the pie filling just before serving.
- Serve it up with graham crackers, pretzels, or sliced fruit for dipping.
- Refrigerator: Store leftover cherry cheesecake dip in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Freezer: Freezing this dip isn't recommended. The texture will change making it grainy and unappetizing.
- Make ahead: Prepare the cheesecake dip up to a day in advance. Store it in a serving bowl or in individual dessert cups. Wait to add the cherry topping until right before serving.
What to Serve with Cheesecake Dip
This sweet dip is great with graham crackers, vanilla wafers, or shortbread cookies.
For a salty sweet combo add fun shaped pretzels for dipping.
Apple slices, strawberries, and fruit on skewers works great to dip.
PRO TIP: You may want to add more cherry pie filling as a garnish after eating more of the dip, if desired.
Serve it up in a big bowl for a party or turn it into individual cheesecake cups for a dinner party!
- Use an electric hand or stand mixer for mixing. It makes it easier to blend together the cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- Chill the dip for at least 30 minutes before serving. It's best served cold so that it's plenty thick for the best scooping.
- Always use room temperature ingredients when making this dish for best results.
- Use full-fat cream cheese for the best flavor and texture.
It's made with cream cheese and powdered sugar. When frozen ice crystals form in the mixture, making it grainy.
Yes, you can substitute reduced fat cream cheese and/or reduced fat whipped topping if you want. However, keep in mind that the texture of the dip may be slightly different with these reduced fat ingredients.
More Dessert Dip Recipes
Do you like dessert dips? Here are some recipes you may also like to try.
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Easy Cherry Cheesecake Dip
- Cherry pie filling for garnishing starting with ½ cup
- In a medium mixing bowl, blend together powdered sugar and cream cheese using an electric hand or stand mixture. It will be crumbly at first but after about 2-3 minutes of mixing, it should be smooth.
- Add in all over ingredients except for the pie filling. Mix until smooth and thick.
- Cover and place inside the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to chill.
- When ready to serve, place in a large dip bowl or serving bowl and top with the pie filling to garnish. Serve with pretzels, graham crackers, or any other dipping tools of your choice.