This copycat Burger King French toast sticks recipe has everything we love in the original, but you never have to wait in the drive-through for them! They're easy and delicious. Perfect!
Burger King's French toast sticks, from their breakfast menu, are my absolute favorite thing they make. I get them whenever I stop there for a fast food Burger King breakfast.
Burger King's version of french toast is simply amazing as far as I'm concerned.
It occurred to me a little bit ago that I could just make these at home, and the results were fantastic! We matched the maple flavor and we loved how soft and custardy they are. How light and crispy.
I Can't wait for you to try them.
French Toast Sticks Burger King
If you're looking for sides to serve with your french toast, look no further. There are so many delicious options listed and I hope you'll take a look.
It only takes a few simple ingredients to make this Burger King french toast sticks. You'll find all necessary ingredients easily at your local grocery store.
- thick sliced white bread
- heavy cream
- unsalted butter
- maple extract
- brown sugar
- Canola or another vegetable oil
- Maple Syrup
See the recipe card at the end of the post for exact quantities.
Making these French toast sticks is just as easy as gathering up the ingredients. It only takes a few minutes and a few steps.
Step 1: Prep the Bread
Cut the bread slices into 1-inch strips.
Step 2: Make the Egg Mixture
Combine the eggs, heavy cream, melted butter, maple extract, salt, cinnamon, and sugar in a mixing bowl and whisk well.
Step 3: Dip the Bread
Dip each bread strip into the egg mixture until fully saturated. Then, place them on a wire rack over a baking sheet. This allows the excess liquid to drip from the French toast sticks before you fry them.
Step 4: Fry
Heat 1-inch of canola oil to 350 degrees in a frying pan. Then, carefully add the bread strips to the hot oil and fry for 1 minute per side
Step 5: Coat with Cinnamon Sugar
Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl, then spread the mixture into a small pan. Roll the fried French toast sticks in the mixture to coat. Serve warm with maple syrup.
Hint: A bowl with a pour spout makes it easier to dip the bread strips because you can use the spout to shake of excess.
Don't have the correct ingredients on hand or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this Burger King French toast sticks recipe.
- Any Hearty Bread - You can use any hearty bread you like for this recipe.
- Milk - If you don't have heavy cream, milk will work.
- Salted Butter - If you don't have unsalted butter, use salted butter and leave out the added salt.
Want to personalize this Burger King French toast sticks recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Vanilla Extract - Use vanilla extract in place of maple for a slightly different flavor.
- Cream Cheese Frosting - Make a thin cream cheese frosting similar to what you'd use on cinnamon rolls and dip the sticks in that instead of syrup.
- French Toast Bites - Cut your bread strips into thirds to make French toast bites.
- Fancy Maple Syrup - Make our maple pecan syrup instead.
- Healthier Option - If you're craving the French toast experience but want to eat something a little healthier, check out this list of healthy French toast recipes. I'm sure you can find something on it that will satisfy you
What to Serve with French Toast
If ideas are needed, we created a list that includes all of our favorite side dishes to serve with french toast. I hope you enjoy them all as much as we all do.
You can store leftovers in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for 4 to 5 days. For longer storage, or to make batches, you can freeze them for up to 3 months.
I have a few simple tips here that will make the entire process easier and the final product tastier. These are simple tips, but they make a big difference.
- Give your bread slices a good soak, but be careful not to soak them so long that they fall apart while you're holding them.
- Don't crowd your pan when frying the French toast sticks. If you do, they'll get soggy instead of crispy.
- Let your French toast sticks drain on your prepared baking sheet before frying so they don't cause excess spatter.
Do you have questions about Burger King French toast sticks? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about this copycat Burger King French toast sticks recipe.
They sure do! In fact, they're even better.
They'll last for 4 to 5 days in the refrigerator or up to 3 months in the freezer.
Place them in an air-tight, freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bag.
Simply leave them in the refrigerator overnight to thaw.
Place the French toast sticks in a single layer on a cookie sheet and cover them with foil. Bake for about 4 to 5 minutes at 375 degrees if thawed or 8 to 10 minutes if frozen.
Burger King French Toast Sticks Video
More French Toast Recipes
Do you like French toast? Here are some recipes you may also like to try
- Croissant French Toast
- Air Fryer Fruity Pebble French Toast
- Blueberry Baked French Toast with Cream Cheese
Burger King French Toast Sticks
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Burger King French Toast Sticks
- Get out and measure your ingredients.
- Heat 1” of canola oil in a frying pan to 350*
- Cut bread slices into 1” strips.
- Combine eggs, heavy cream, melted butter, maple extract, salt, cinnamon, and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk well. (We recommend a bowl with a pour spout)
- Dip each strip of bread into the egg mixture until saturated.
- Once soaked, place onto a wire rack lined baking sheet as you work. This allows excess liquid to drip from the french toast sticks before frying.
- Carefully add toast sticks to the hot oil.
- Fry for 1 minute per side.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and mix. Spread into a shallow pan.
- Roll each french toast stick in the cinnamon sugar to coat.
- Serve warm with maple syrup for dipping. Here is a list of all of our favorite sides to serve with french toast. Enjoy every bite!