This salted caramel cheesecake starts with a fudgy brownie layer base, and then filled with a sweet and creamy no bake cheesecake filling, and topped with gooey caramel sauce and salty pretzels. This no-bake salted caramel cheesecake is going to wow your family and friends when you bring it to the dessert table.
When summer temperatures really start to climb I always look for ways to avoid heating up the oven. Now granted you will still need to turn on the oven to make the brownie bottom layer.
However, cheesecakes usually need to bake for close to an hour, and with the no bake salted caramel layer you can cut that cook time in half. Plus, you can bake the brownie bottom layer in the morning when the weather outside is not as hot.
This brownie bottom cheesecake is worth a little heat and I kid you not.
The brownie bottom is superb on it's own, as is the no bake cheesecake layer, which is terrific on a graham cracker crust if I don't say so myself, but on top of a brownie, together they're magical!
What is no bake cheesecake salted caramel cheesecake
This salted caramel cheesecake is a base layer of thick fudgy brownies that act as the crust. Then once the brownie bottom layer has completely cooled, you top it with a creamy no bake salted caramel cheesecake layer.
Next, you pour over some sweet caramel sauce and then top with salty pretzels. The flavor combination of the rich chocolate, creamy cheesecake, sweet caramel sauce, and then crunchy pretzels it’s mind blowing.
Once you make this tasty dessert for the first time, it will become a staple in your household.
What is the difference between a regular cheesecake and a no bake cheesecake
The biggest difference between the two cheesecakes is that you do not bake the no bake cheesecake and you do not need a water bath. 😊
Hence the name of no bake cheesecake. In order for you to not need to bake your cheesecake layer, it cannot contain eggs.
Traditional cheesecake contains eggs, and the eggs are important to helping a regular cheese set up with a firm texture. A no bake cheesecake firms up in the fridge while it sits.
A no bake cheesecakes stays creamier than a regular cheesecake because it is not baked which can slightly dry the cheesecake layer.
Where do I buy caramel sauce
I usually purchase my caramel sauce online. I am always looking for ways to save on trips to the grocery store and shopping online really helps me keep my grocery store trips less frequent and shorter.
If you are in the grocery store and looking for caramel sauce, you can typically find the sauce in one or two places. I always check the coffee aisle first.
If caramel sauce is on the coffee aisle at your local grocery store it will be near the coffee flavorings.
If the caramel sauce is not on the coffee aisle next check the ice cream toppings section. On this aisle you will find the caramel sauce near the ice cream cones and syrups.
What makes the salt on top of Salted Caramel Cheesecake
I used pretzels to make not only the salt for the salted caramel cheesecake, but also to provide a crunch factor.
I’ve always preferred to have a variety of textures to my foods, and adding a little crunch to the top of the creamy salted caramel cheesecake really makes the flavors sing.
I used mini pretzel twists to top my cheesecake. If you are using larger pretzels or pretzel sticks, you will need to be sure to rough chop your pretzels.
I find that the mini pretzels work perfectly because I don’t need to take the time for an additional step of chopping up pretzels. Plus, they look so pretty.
Can I freeze Salted Caramel Cheesecake
Yes, you can freeze a no bake salted caramel cheesecake. Freezing a cheesecake is a snap. First, before you can freeze your cheesecake you will want to make sure that is completely set up in the fridge.
However, you do not want to top your cheesecake with the caramel sauce or the pretzels if you are going to freeze. The caramel sauce will harden, and the pretzels will get soggy in the freezer.
Just sit those aside for when you thaw your no bake brownie bottom cheesecake.
To freeze your salted caramel cheesecake, tightly cover your cheesecake once your cheesecake has completely set up, with plastic wrap. Make sure to cover your cheesecake completely.
When I am freezing a dessert like this, I like to always wrap them at least twice to make sure that I get a complete airtight seal.
Once you have wrapped your cheesecake in plastic wrap, place your cheesecake in an airtight container like a freezer bag. The frozen cheesecake can stay in the freezer for up to three months.
When you are ready to eat your brownie bottom cheesecake, remove your cheesecake from the freezer and place in the fridge for about 12 hours to thaw slowly.
Do not leave your cheesecake on the counter to thaw, as that can make your cheesecake slightly watery. Once completely thawed, top with the caramel sauce and pretzels by following the recipe directions below, then serve and enjoy.
How far ahead can I make salted caramel cheesecake
Wanting to make this brownie bottom cheesecake recipe ahead of time? Have no fear, this salted caramel cheesecake can be made ahead. I recommend making this cheesecake no more than 48 hours in advance. 24 hours is ideal.
The only warning I have is to wait until just before serving to add your pretzels so they retain their texture. It is possible for the pretzels to become damp because of the cakes moisture.
I can’t wait for you to give this delicious brownie bottom cheesecake no bake treat a taste.
Salted Caramel Cheesecake with brownie bottom Ingredients
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped or chocolate chips
- ½ cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 11/2 teaspoons vanilla
- ⅔ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- cooking spray or butter for greasing
No Bake Cheesecake Layer
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 20 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
How to Make No Bake Salted Caramel Cheesecake with brownie bottom
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Adjust your oven rack to the middle position.
Grease your 9 inch springform pan with cooking spray or butter. Set aside.
You now have 2 options.
1) In a small saucepan, melt butter, over low heat. Add chocolate to melted butter and stir until combined. OR
2) Using a small bowl or measuring cup melt butter and chocolate together in your microwave, on low, stirring every 30 seconds or so, until melted and totally blended together. Set aside to cool slightly.
In a medium to large mixing bowl, combine sugar, add eggs, one at a time, vanilla, baking powder, and salt.
Use a whisk to mix the ingredients together.
Add chocolate mixture and continue to whisk until smooth.
Add flour and whisk until totally incorporated. Scraping down, halfway up the sides as necessary.
Next, dump your batter into your prepared springform pan.
Do your best to spread the batter as evenly as possible across the bottom of the pan, trying not to get any brownie batter on the sides of the pan.
You want the layers of this cake to be as perfect as possible!
Bake until top of brownie begins to crack and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out almost clean. A few crumbs are ok!
It will take around 24 minutes. Sometimes a little less, sometimes a little more. I always rotate the brownies at about the 12 minute mark.
Once brownies are cooked, turn off the oven and remove them from your oven and place on a wire rack to totally cool inside their pan.
No Bake Cheesecake Layer
In a mixing bowl, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
Pour salted caramel sauce all over your cheesecake while parchment is still in place and refrigerate for at least an hour to harden caramel sauce somewhat.
Decorate with salted mini pretzels as you desire or the outer edge and top.
Refrigerate until needed for serving.
Remove from springform pan.
Serve and enjoy every bite.
Now that you have the recipe to make this delicious treat, it’s time to get in the kitchen and make it. Do not be afraid of this recipe because the multiple steps make it look complicated.
This cheesecake is not at all complicated and oh so delicious. This recipe will quickly become one of your favorite desserts to make over and over again.
More delicious dessert recipes
Salted Caramel Cheesecake with Brownie Bottom Video
Salted Caramel Cheesecake with Brownie Bottom
- Small saucepan or microwave safe bowl
- Get out and measure all of your ingredients.
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Adjust your oven rack to the middle position.
- Grease your 9 inch springform pan with cooking spray or butter. Set aside.
- You now have 2 options.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter, over low heat. Add chocolate and stir until combined. OR
- Using a small bowl or measuring cup melt butter and chocolate together in your microwave, on low, stirring every 30 seconds or so, until melted and totally blended together. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium to large mixing bowl, combine sugar, eggs, vanilla, baking powder, and salt.
- Use a whisk to mix the ingredients together.
- Add chocolate mixture and continue to whisk until smooth.
- Add flour and whisk until totally incorporated.
- Next, dump your batter into your prepared springform pan.
- Do your best to spread the batter as evenly as possible across the bottom of the pan, trying not to get any brownie batter on the sides of the pan.
- You want the layers of this cake to be as perfect as possible!
- Bake until top of brownie begins to crack and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out almost clean. A few crumbs are ok!
- It will take around 24 minutes. Sometimes a little less, sometimes a little more. I always rotate the brownies at about the 12 minute mark.
- Once brownies are cooked, remove them from your oven and place on a wire rack to totally cool inside their pan.
No Bake Cheesecake Layer
- In a mixing bowl, beat heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl beat cream cheese to whip it for a few minutes on medium high speed until airy and light.
- Add powdered sugar and continue to beat until no lumps remain.
- Add sour cream and vanilla. Continue to beat until incorporated.
- Using a spatula, gently fold in whipped cream.
- Now you're going to add parchment paper around edge of your cool brownie while it's still inside the pan.
- Once brownie is cool, carefully open your springform pan, slide parchment around the entire edge of brownie and close your springform pan once again.
- Your parchment paper must be above the edge of your springform pan. It will help hold your no bake cheesecake layer on top of your brownie base.
- Pour and spread your no bake cheesecake layer all over your brownie base inside your springform pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours but ideally overnight or cheesecake is firm and set.
- Pour caramel sauce all over your cheesecake while parchment is still in place and refrigerate for at least an hour to harden caramel sauce somewhat.
- Refrigerate until needed for serving.
- Remove from springform pan.
- Decorate with pretzels as you desire or the outer edge and top.
- Serve and enjoy every bite.