This chicken dish takes little time to prepare, uses only a few ingredients, and is delicious! Slow Cooker Cheesy Salsa chicken works perfectly served on rice or any noodle. This recipe is a definite keeper!
I love making Slow Cooker Cheesy Salsa Chicken. It it just so easy! Sometimes I cut the chicken up into bite sized pieces. If I am in a hurry it is a great way to reduce cooking time! Lately I have been craving rice but I used to always serve this dish on a bed of noodles. I am not sure why. Both rice and noodles taste delicious!
Have a look at the video below! You can see how easy this recipe for Slow Cooker Cheesy Salsa Chicken really is!
Slow Cooker Cheesy Salsa Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless or 8 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless cut intoo bite sized pieces if desired
- 1 jar (24 - 25.5 oz) salsa
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cheddar soup
- 1 cup onions, chopped optional
- 3/4 or 1 cup peppers, green, yellow, orange or red, cored, chopped optional
- 1 pkg taco seasoning or 3 tablespoons
- rice or noodles of your choice
Turn your slow cooker on. Add all ingredients, except chicken, to your slow cooker and stir to combine. Take your taco seasoning and rub it in to each chicken breast (or chicken thigh) on all sides. Place in slow cooker afterwards. Throw any extra seasoning in there too. Stir periodically, if possible, while cooking. Cover and cook in your slow cooker on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours or 6-7 hours on low. Cook rice or noodles according to package directions. Serve and enjoy!