This recipe for Simple Skillet Pizza is both fast and easy. Use your favorite toppings and you will have created a tasty treat, every time! The dough is what is important here. It is thin and so good! We have used basic toppings but you are only limited here by your imagination! This Simple Skillet Pizza recipe is a definite keeper!
Use your favorite cooked meat, veggies and cheese! Everyone gets to make their own Simple Skillet Pizza
Check this recipe out!
Simple Skillet Pizza
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Slowly add water and 1 tablespoon oil. Stir or use a hand mixer to blend until dough forms somewhat of a ball, a minute or two. On a floured work surface, knead dough until tight ball forms. Cover dough with greased plastic wrap or a damp cloth for 10 minutes.
- Split dough into 2 equal parts. At your floured work surface roll out each piece of dough into a thin round that will fit into your pan.
Making the Pizza
- Preheat roughly 3 tablespoons oil in your large nonstick skillet over medium heat until it shimmers or a drop of water flicked in it dances.
- In the meantime stir tomato paste and get your brush ready.
- Place one of the flat dough rounds into the skillet and cook, poking any bubbles that form with a fork, until the bottom is deep golden brown and crisp, between 3 and 4 minutes.
- Flip dough with a pair of tongs and brush on tomato paste. Next you have to sprinkle on all of your cheeses and lastly place your pepperoni slices. Reduce heat to low and cover until second side of the round is crisp and cheeses have melted, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer pizza to cutting board. Wipe out pan and repeat with remaining oil, dough, and toppings. Slice into wedges. Serve.