This creamy avocado aioli makes a delicious creamy dip or sauce to serve with a variety of meals. It mixes up in less than five minutes in one bowl with only a fork or spoon. The flavor is slightly spicy and tangy from the lemon juice making it a great addition to flavor up your meals.
If you are looking for something similar to a Ranch Dip but with a little more pizzazz, then this avocado aioli recipe is exactly what you need. It's creamy thanks to sour cream and mayonnaise but gets a little kick from the addition of avocados, jalapeno, and lemon juice.
Creamy Avocado Sauce
Easy-to-find fresh produce and pantry staples are all it takes to make creamy avocado sauce!
- sour cream
- fresh garlic
- salt and pepper
See the recipe card further down on the page for the exact quantities of each ingredient.
An easy two-step recipe that takes only five minutes to make!
Step 1: Mash the Avocados
In a medium bowl, use a fork to mash the avocado up.
Step 2: Mix in the Ingredients
Add the remaining ingredients and gently fold into the avocado. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Hint: Avocado tends to brown easily and adding lemon slows down this process. If storing the sauce for more time, press a piece of plastic over the top right up against the sauce in the storage container and then add a lid. This helps to keep more air away from the sauce.
Don't have the correct ingredients on hand? Or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this avocado aioli recipe.
- Sour cream - You can swap out with Greek yogurt in equal amounts. It does change the flavor slightly but will have the same consistency and still taste great.
- Lemon - Use lime instead.
- Fresh garlic- Fresh tastes best but if necessary, replace with 2 teaspoons of garlic powder.
Want to personalize this avocado sauce recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Extra spicy - Double up on the jalapeno peppers or swap out with a spicier chili such as habanero.
- Salad dressing - Thin out the aioli with milk or water until it's thin enough to drizzle over a salad.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy (link similar recipe here)
This easy avocado sauce recipe requires no special equipment to prepare.
- Small bowl
- Fork or masher
For best results store avocado aioli in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to five days.
Here are my top tips for making sure your creamy avocado sauce comes out with great results!
- Be sure to choose ripe avocados. They should be soft to the touch but without any brown spots around the stem area or the sides.
- For best flavor, eat avocado aioli in 1-2 days. It will last longer but the color does tend to start to turn as it sits for a longer period of time.
- Make ahead of time and let it sit in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes prior to serving so the flavors meld together.
More Avocado Recipes
Do you like avocados? Here are some recipes you may also like to try
- Bacon Avocado Toast
- Air Fryer Grilled Cheese with Bacon and Avocado
- Easy Mushroom Avocado Toast Appetizer
Do you have questions about making avocado aioli? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about this recipe.
I don't recommend freezing avocado aioli. Sauces and dips made with mayonnaise generally don't freeze well.
Aioli is the French term for garlic-flavored mayonnaise. It's used to serve as a condiment for a wide range of meats, fish, and different vegetables.
I suggest using avocado aioli similar to how you use other aiolis, in dips, as a sandwich spread, or even as a dressing or sauce on a salad or burrito bowl.
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
- In a medium bowl, coarsely mash the avocados with a fork. Fold in all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate and serve.
- Gather the ingredients you need to make avocado aioli.
- In a medium bowl, coarsely mash the avocados with a fork.
- Fold in all the ingredients.
- And mix it up until creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate and serve.
- The sauce thickens in the refrigerator and the flavors meld together.
- Serve on top of your favorite sandwich or burger or use as a dip.