An easy recipe for No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie is a mashup of two dessert favorites...pumpkin pie and cheesecake! The beautiful layers of pumpkin and cheesecake make this look like a fancy dessert you spent hours in the kitchen!
If you're a fan of both cheesecake and pumpkin pie, you are going to love this dessert! Spiced pumpkin, luscious cheesecake, and a graham cracker crust are sure to make this your new go-to fall dessert.
Discovering make-ahead no-bake desserts like this layered pumpkin cheesecake pie was life-changing for me! It's perfect to make a day or two ahead of time and only takes 15 minutes to mix, making it ideal for the holidays and special occasions.
It's the BEST pumpkin cheesecake recipe for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or anytime you have a sweet pumpkin craving.
Why You Will Love This No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie
- You can whip it up in just 15 minutes!
- Creamy and delicious!
- A great make-ahead dessert.
- Freezes really well!
- A light dessert that is perfect to eat after a heavy meal such as Thanksgiving dinner.
Ingredients in Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake
You only need a few ingredients to whip up this creamy and delicious layered pumpkin cheesecake. Use a ready-made graham cracker crust to save even more time!
- Graham cracker crust: We will be making this from scratch with butter, graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice. You can also save some time and use a ready-made graham cracker crust.
- Cream Cheese: It's important to use block cream cheese not the whipped kind that comes in a round container.
- Milk: Use whole milk or 2% milk, though I prefer the richness of whole milk for this no-bake pumpkin dessert.
- Sugar: For sweetness!
- Frozen whipped topping: Makes the cream cheese layer light and fluffy like a cheesecake.
- Vanilla Pudding: Make sure you grab a box of instant pudding. The cook and serve variety won't work the same.
- Pumpkin pie spice: This holiday spice blend gives the perfect pumpkin pie flavor to this no-bake pumpkin cheesecake.
- Pumpkin Puree: Make sure it is pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling.
Don’t have the correct ingredients on hand? Or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this no-bake pumpkin pie recipe.
- Graham cracker crust: If you want to save time, purchase a ready-made graham cracker pie crust.
- Canned pumpkin puree: You can also use homemade pumpkin puree.
Can I use whipped cream instead of whipped topping?
Whipped topping contains some dairy but is largely made up of oils and syrup. The advantage of using it is that it has fewer calories than whipped cream and the whipping is already done for you! It also holds up better to freezing!
Personally, this is my preference as per this no-bake pumpkin cheesecake recipe and no-bake pies in general.
Heavy whipping cream is strictly dairy and if calories and cost don't matter and you aren't planning to freeze, then this may be the route to go as the taste between it and whipped topping are different.
Want to personalize this no-bake pumpkin cheesecake recipe? Here are some ideas to change it up.
- Swap the vanilla instant pudding for caramel instant pudding!
- Add toppings such as chopped nuts to the finished pie. These candied walnuts made in the air fryer would be great.
- Lightly sprinkle with cinnamon or additional pumpkin pie spice.
- Instead of a graham cracker crust, use a gingersnap crust or shortbread cookie crust.
How to Make No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
With just a few steps, this layered pumpkin cheesecake comes together in record time!
Step One: Graham Cracker Crust
- Melt the butter.
- Add the pumpkin pie spice, graham cracker crumbs, and sugar.
- Mix together until crumbly.
- Press the crumbs firmly into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate and refrigerate the crust for 1-2 hours.
Step Two: Cheesecake Layer
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, and milk until smooth.
- Gently fold in the whipped topping.
- Add the cheesecake layer to the top of the crust.
- Spread it out evenly and refrigerate until you are ready to add the next layer.
Step Three: Pumpkin Pie Layer
- Beat the milk and instant pudding together until smooth.
- Add the canned pumpkin and spice blend.
- Mix together until creamy.
- Spread the pumpkin pie mixture over the cheesecake layer.
Step Four: Add the Topping and Serve
- Spread the thawed whipped topping over the top of the pie. Refrigerate or freeze until ready to serve.
Refrigerator: Store in an airtight pie container in the fridge for up to five days. You can also use plastic wrap but place a few toothpicks into the pie to keep it from taking off the whipped topping. It will stay fresh for up to 5 days.
Freezer: Freeze the pie first and then wrap it tightly in several layers of plastic wrap followed by aluminum foil. Freeze it for up to 3 months.
Thaw: When ready to serve, thaw in the refrigerator for a few hours. Top with more whipped topping to make it look fresh.
- Plan ahead when making this dessert. While it mixes up quickly it does need some time to set up in the fridge.
- The easiest way to save time is to use a store-bought crust.
- Make sure you're using pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie mix which is already presweetened and flavored.
- Make whatever pattern you want with the whipped topping on top!
- Remove from the freezer about one hour before serving so it has time to thaw out.
- Make it ahead of time so you don't have to worry about dessert on the day of the holiday or dinner.
- Firmly press the crumb mixture down making it flat and smooth so it will form a solid crust to hold your slice of pie.
Do you have questions about making this no-bake pumpkin cheesecake pie? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions.
Yes, you can eat canned pumpkin right out of the can.
No-bake pumpkin pie is good for 4-5 days in the refrigerator. However, keep in mind that this includes storing any leftovers.
Yes, it can be doubled. Either make two pies or pumpkin cheesecake bars in a 9x13 baking dish.
No Bake Pumpkin Pie Video
If a picture speaks louder than words, then let this recording says it all.
Don't forget to drop me a line and let me know what journey this no-bake creamy pumpkin pie took you on! Be well.
More Pumpkin Desserts
If you are specifically looking for pumpkin desserts and treats, take a look at a few of our favorites.
No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
Graham Cracker Crust
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 ½ cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 boxes (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding powder 4 serving size
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 can (14 oz) pumpkin
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
Graham Cracker Crust
- In a microwave safe dish, or using a saucepan over medium heat, melt your butter.
- In a good sized mixing bowl add graham cracker crumbs, pumpkin pie spice and sugar. Stir until blended.
- Pour melted butter all over your graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Stir to combine.
- Press crumb mixture firmly into bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie plate. Do your best to firmly press the crumb mixture down so it will form a solid crust to hold your slice of pie. Also try and make the surface as smooth and flat as possible.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, if not two.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and milk until smooth. Gently fold in whipped topping.
- Spread on top of your crust. Again, try and make the surface as smooth and flat as possible.
- Refrigerate until you are ready to add the next layer.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat milk and pudding powder together until smooth.
- Add canned pumpkin and spice. Using a large spoon, stir until blended together.
- Pour out and spread all over the first layer, as flat and as evenly as possible.
- Spread your thawed whipped topping over the top of your pie. Make whatever pattern you want with the whipped topping, if you want to make a pattern at all!
- Refrigerate or freeze until ready to serve.
- Enjoy every bite!
This post was originally published December 2017. It has been updated with new content and images.