This is a delicious one pan meal to serve any night of the week. Both creamy and cheesy, how can you go wrong? Easy Creamy Potato Pork Chop Casserole is a recipe you will make over and over again!
We love casseroles, or all in one meals, around here and I have listed some of our favorites below! I am hoping you find at least one other you would like to try! I can’t wait to hear what you think or did differently!
Easy Creamy Potato Pork Chop Casserole
- 6-8 pork chops, loin or center cut, bone in or boneless, 1 inch thick -
- 1 bag (26 oz) hashbrowns or shredded potatoes, frozen
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1-2 tablespoons olive or another vegetable oil
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken, mushroom or celery soup
- 1-2 tablespoons garlic, minced more or less to taste
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 3/4 cup milk -
- 2/3 cup sour cream or flavored sour cream based diip
- 1 teaspoon salt -
- 1 teaspoon pepper -
- 2 cups shredded cheese, divided more or less to taste
- 1 can (2.8 oz) french's fried onions -
- cooking spray
Preheat yor oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 13x9 inch pan with cooking spray. Set aside. Sprinkle pork chops with seasoned salt. In a large skillet, over medium heat, heat oil until it shimmers or when a drop of water flicked in it dances. Brown pork chops on both sides in the oil, 4-5 minutes per side. In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, onions, garlic, sour cream, salt and pepper. Add frozen hash browns, 1 cup cheese and roughly half of the French's fried onions to the soup mixture. Stir until incorporated. Dump and press into your prepared pan. Place pork chops on top and arrange them so they are not touching, if possible. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour. Uncover and sprinkle with the remaining Frenchs's fried onions and then the remaining shredded cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear. Broil for a few minutes to brown cheese, if desired or required! Enjoy!