Easy Chicken Pot Pie is full of vegetables, leftover or rotisserie chicken and topped with cornbread! Dinner doesn’t get better or easier than this!
This recipe is not my own. It has been handed down, through two generations, and the late Eva Roberts, of Elgin, South Carolina, gets all of the credit here for this delightfully easy and tasty diner treat!
You can use whichever vegetables you have on hand as long as they equal about 3 ½ cups, total. I have used canned vegetables, frozen vegetables and fresh and have never been disappointed.
I always have at least one box of cornbread muffin mix in my pantry and continue to do so with this fast and fabulous recipe in mind, as well as a few others of course!
You can also use other condensed cream soups, I have on many occasions, and still been more than happy with the result. My favorite will always be cream of chicken but feel free to experiment yourself. I can’t wait to hear which soup you prefer in this Easy Chicken Pot Pie!
Generally, this Easy Chicken Pot Pie is served with a salad but you really can serve it all by itself or with whatever side you prefer.
We make a lot of dishes using chicken, and I have included a few of our favorites below. These recipes are all in one chicken dishes that you might want to try as well.
Other Chicken Casseroles to Try
If you have a moment I hope you have a peek because you never know when you will find another great chicken recipe for your arsenal! Your other option is to search for chicken on this site and you will find a lot of chicken recipes to try! I think you can never have too many chicken recipes.
Ingredients for Easy Chicken Pot Pie
- condensed cream of chicken soup, or your favorite
- leftover chicken, or rotisserie chicken, chopped
- cornbread biscuit mix
Vegetables totaling 3 ½ cups
- green beans
- potatoes, diced
How to make Easy Chicken Pot Pie
Cook vegetables in water until tender.
Place in a strainer in the sink for your cooked potatoes and carrots.
Open and add your green beans so they can drain.
Prepare your 9×13 inch pan with cooking spray.
Sprinkle chopped chicken all over the bottom of your prepared pan as evenly as possible.
Dump strainer back into your pot and add the can of soup.
Stir until your vegetables are coated with the soup and pour over chicken.
Spread mixture out as even as possible.
In a medium to large bowl, add corn muffin mix, milk, oil and egg.
Whisk until blended.
Spread over top of vegetables, as evenly as possible.
Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes or corn muffin mixture is a nice golden brown color.
Serve and enjoy!
Easy Chicken Pot Pie Video
Easy Chicken Pot Pie
- 13 x 9 inch cake pan
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can green beans
- 1 ½ cups potatoes, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken breast, boneless, skinless or store bought rotisserie chicken. chopped
- 1 box (8.5 oz) corn muffin mix
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 egg
- Cook vegetables in water until tender.
- Place in a strainer in the sink for your cooked potatoes and carrots.
- Open and add your green beans so they can drain.
- Prepare your 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle chopped chicken all over the bottom of your prepared pan as evenly as possible.
- Dump strainer back into your pot and add the can of soup.
- Stir until your vegetables are coated with the soup and pour over chicken.
- Spread mixture out as even as possible.
- In a medium to large bowl, add corn muffin mix, milk, oil and egg.
- Whisk until blended.
- Spread over top of vegetables, as evenly as possible.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes or corn muffin mixture is a nice golden brown color. Serve and enjoy!