Mom’s Chicken Paprikash Bisque is total comfort food and a delicious way to use up leftover chicken, make extra or buy a rotisserie chicken! I have been addicted to this tomato based soup ever since the first time she made it. I am not kidding.
This soup is so easy to prepare and I still make it regularly, even after all of these years. If you are a fan of tomato soup, I urge you to give my Mom’s Chicken Paprikash Bisque a try! I think it should be on every tomato soup lovers bucket list!
I know it sounds funny to have a food bucket list but I have one! It is a huge pile of recipes that I have been given or seen online that I am slowly working my way through. I even have quite a few recipes from people who have visited or follow my site. Many went into my regular rotation! You can never have too many recipes!Food excites me and I love experimenting and trying new things! I could go on and on. Now, getting back to this wonderful soup. Once you have your cooked, chopped chicken all you need is a can of crushed tomatoes, some chicken broth, peppers and onions! Almost forgot! Some spices too!
I have used vegetable broth before but prefer the flavor chicken broth adds to this hearty soup. I don’t always include peppers if I don’t have them but I always include onions. Probably because I never seem to run out of them and they last longer in the fridge!
As you can see my Mom’s Chicken Paprikash Bisque is a thicker soup, or bisque, and although I love crackers in my soup I never add them to this one. Every other one I make though I do! I just can’t help myself!
Ingredients in Mom’s Chicken Paprikash Bisque
- rotisserie, leftover or cooked chicken
- sweet pepper
- crushed tomatoes
- chicken broth
- sour cream
- green onion
How to make Mom’s Chicken Paprikash Bisque
In a large pot melt butter over medium heat and stir in paprika, onion and red peppers.
Sauté until tender.
Add salt, pepper, cornstarch, and then lastly, tomatoes.
Bring to a simmer and add chicken broth.
Cover and let simmer for 20 minutes.
Remove from heat, add chicken and slowly stir in sour cream.
Sprinkle some green onions on top.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Mom’s Chicken Paprikash Bisque Video
Mom's Chicken Paprikash Bisque
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken, cooked, chopped or leftover chicken, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pepper, red, yellow, orange or green, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (14 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½-3/4 cup sour cream more or less to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 green onion. thinly sliced for garnish, if desired
- In a large pot melt butter over medium heat and stir in paprika, onion and red peppers. Sauté until tender. Add salt, pepper, cornstarch, and then lastly, tomatoes. Bring to a simmer and add chicken broth. Cover and let simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat, add chicken and slowly stir in sour cream. Sprinkle some green onions on top. Serve immediately and enjoy!