This Chicken Melt in a Pepper works as a meal or an appetizer. The size of the peppers and your rotisserie chicken will determine how many you make! The creamy, cheesy mixture along side some vegetables and this will be your favorite chicken salad yet!
This Chicken Melt in a Pepper recipe can be cut in half for smaller portions if needed. We generally just buy a rotisserie chicken from our local store and chop up all of the chicken meat. There is always some meat left over which you can find another use for or just throw it in the mixture and add a little more mayonaise and sour cream until the chicken mixture is as creamy as you like it! Needless to say I have a few things I love to do with peppers! This includes filling them with meat and stuffing in my Stuffing Peppers or meat, rice and cheese in my Awesome Stuffed Peppers. I also stuff these peppers with lentils and short rib if you are interested in trying them too, they are fabulous, here is the link Lentil Short Rib Stuffed Peppers!
I regularly bake eggs inside sweet peppers in our Roasted Sweet Pepper Cups and Eggs. Now that I think about it I use peppers in so many recipes and I can’t seem to help it! The last recipe I am going to mention in is an easy Simple Steak or Chicken and Peppers Stir Fry which is full of peppers and either steak or chicken! Totally tasty too!
Ingredients in Chicken Melt in a Pepper
- cooked chicken
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- green onion
- shredded cheese
How to make Chicken Melt in a Pepper
Set your oven to broil.
Prepare a rimmed baking sheet with tinfoil and set aside.
Clean out and cut your peppers in half. Set aside.
In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise.
Once well blended add chicken, onions, celery and garlic.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Spoon mixture inside of and then press into each pepper.
Place peppers on prepared baking sheet.
Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of each pepper.
Broil until cheese melts and starts to turn brown.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Chicken Melt in a Pepper
- rimmed baking sheet
- 3-4 in sweet peppers, green, yellow, orange or red, cut half and cored
- 3 cups chicken, cooked, shredded
- ¾ cup cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonaise
- 1 tblsp garlic, minced (more or less to taste)
- 1-2 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1-2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- pepper - to taste
- salt - to taste
- Set your oven to broil.
- Prepare a rimmed baking sheet with tinfoil and set aside.
- Clean out and cut your peppers in half. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise.
- Once well blended add chicken, onions, celery and garlic.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture inside of and then press into each pepper.
- Place peppers on prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of each pepper.
- Broil until cheese melts and starts to turn brown. Serve immediately and enjoy!