Cheeseburger Crescent Rolls or meatball crescent rolls are so addictive and our favorite crescent roll recipe with ground beef or without! Perfect for snacking at home or a game day treat!
There’s nothing quite like the taste of crescent rolls. I’m pretty much obsessed with how flaky they are and how they literally just seem to melt in your mouth.
We’ve made this simple ground beef crescent roll recipe so many times. And I can say that each time we’ve made it, it’s been beyond delicious every single time.
And I LOVE how much this crescent roll recipe really does taste like a cheeseburger! When you bite down on the added pickle, it’s such a great flavor. I just may not have to go to the drive-thru ever again. 😉
Cheeseburger Meatball Stuffed Crescent Rolls
These Cheesy Meatball Stuffed Crescent Rolls are so good I always set aside or make extra meatballs just so I can make a small batch of these, just for myself, because I enjoy them.
Let me tell you I’m lucky if I end up with two for myself. These cheeseburger crescent rolls disappear lightning fast. Especially if you’re not looking!
Yes, they are a great appetizer or snack or even a small meal but for me, they are just a guilty pleasure. I’m about to tell you why I just love them!
My husband thinks it is because I love our Perfect Meatballs, which I do think are the best meatballs. They’re definitely the best I have ever tried, but that is not the real reason.
The real reason is that this is one of the first recipes I made with my son that he technically almost pretty much made by himself. He was so small and so proud of himself! I will never forget that day my son and I dined on cheeseburger crescent rolls.
We ate these Cheesy Meatball Stuffed Crescent Rolls with wine glasses filled with apple juice at our dining room table. That day we pretended we were at a bistro or some kind of fancy restaurant.
He pulled out my chair for me as we sat. We laughed and talked and had a blast. This was our first fine dining experience together. Just the two of us. That is why I will enjoy these cheeseburger crescent rolls until I die. 😊
Ingredients Needed To Make Cheeseburger Crescent Rolls
All you need are the following ingredients to get started!
- Refrigerated crescent rolls
- Tomato-based pasta sauce
- Cooked meatballs
- Shredded cheese
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- Cooking spray
How to Store This Meatball Crescent Roll
Once you bake these cheeseburger crescent rolls, you’re going to want to have a plan in place for storing them as well. I highly recommend storing them in a sealable container and keeping them in the fridge.
The outer bread is going to harden up but once you reheat them by slowly reheating in the oven or popping them in the microwave, you’ll see that the bread is going to soften right back up.
Can you freeze these Crescent Roll Recipes with Ground Beef?
These are going to best be eaten fresh. Freezing them is going to make the dough really hard and it might change the texture as well. Heating them up in the microwave when they are leftovers is going to be your best bet. And then eating them right away too is best.
What Are Good Dips For This Cheeseburger Recipe?
You can literally dip them into anything that you want, or nothing at all.
Some easy dip suggestions would be:
- BBQ sauce
- Pasta Sauce/Marinara Sauce
Or any combination will work too or anything else that you want to try. Dips are always a good idea so be certain to try out all of your delicious options!
If you need any ideas please check out my How to Make Dip post with about 20 different amazing dips for you to try! All our favorites in one place!
Makes life so much easier for us and it will for you too. I just LOVE them all, depending on what mood I’m in. I hope to hear which are your favorites.
Variations to these Cheesy Meatball Stuffed Crescent Rolls
While the recipe is pretty straight-forward, you can always alter it and add in some of your other favorite ingredients as well.
Change up the type of meat that you use and use ground turkey, pork, chicken or sausage, instead of beef. That being said you can easily use a combination of a couple of them.
We use ground beef and ground pork regularly together or buy a blend. I also use ground turkey and ground pork together and just love the results. See which combination you and your family prefer.
Alter the flavor of the cheeseburger calzone by changing up the types of cheese. There are so many to choose from.
I usually will use a blend of whatever pieces or leftover bags that need to get used up from the drawer inside my fridge. Sometimes cheese selection simply comes down to whichever cheese I grab first.
I have never made a bad tasting batch yet. All of the cheeses I have tried have worked and worked well.
Stuff in some veggies like onions and jalapenos to really make the taste and flavor pop!
And don’t forget that you can even add some extra seasonings or seeds on the top to make the taste really stand out. Think a pinch of Italian seasoning or sesame or poppy seeds.
How to tell when these Stuffed Crescent Rolls are done
You’ll want to pay attention to the top of the crescent rolls in the oven. Once they start to become golden brown, this is your indicator that they’re close to being finished. Pay attention as you don’t want to burn the tops!
See how simple this cheeseburger crescent roll recipe is? In just a few simple steps, you’ll have a hearty and delicious meal that everyone will love!
More Easy Appetizers
- Baked Garlic Parmesan Meatballs Recipe
- Bacon Cheeseburger Muffins
- Loaded Vegan Nachos
- Baked Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Jalapeno Cheeseburger Sliders with Spicy Mayo
Cheeseburger Crescent Rolls
- rimmed baking sheet
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tubes refrigerated crescent dough
- 16 deli sliced pickles
- 3 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- ¼ cup mustard
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Get out and measure all of your ingredients.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Dice your onion.
- Add onion and ground beef to a pan. Brown and drain.
- Return beef to the pan and add 1 cup of cheese, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and melt cheese. Remove from heat.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll the crescent dough sheet. Use a pizza cutter to cut 8 sections. Repeat with the second can.
- Place a pickle in the middle of each section. Then, scoop a spoonful of the meat into your palm and roll to form a 1 ½” ball. Place on top of the pickle.
- Take each corner of the dough and cover the meat by bringing it to the middle.
- On both sides.
- Then, fold remaining edges to the middle and roll to form a ball by rolling the dough in your hands. Place the cheeseburger bites onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Brush each cheeseburger bite with melted butter. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and put in the oven on the middle rack.
- While the burger bites are cooking, make the dip. Add ketchup, mayonnaise, and mustard to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- Serve immediately with the dip.
- Enjoy every bite!