This Tasty Slow Cooker Pork Roast is so simple to prepare, so tender and a perfect for any occasion. Serve with mashed potatoes because this gravy is divine. and whatever vegetable we have on hand.
Tasty Slow Cooker Pork Roast
- 3 pounds pork loin or centercut roast, boneless
- 1 large onion, sliced
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup sugar -
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tblsp garlic, minced
- 1 cup broth, chicken, vegetable or beef
- 1 teaspoon salt -
- 1 teaspoon pepper -
- hot sauce - dashes if desired
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour -
- ¼ cup water -
- cooking spray
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Spread onion slices all over the bottom of the slow cooker, as evenly as possible. Place your roast on top of the onion, in the middle.
- In a medium sized bowl combine broth, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup, pepper, salt, garlic, and hot sauce if using. Pour all over roast.
- Cover, and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or on high for 3 to 4 hours. Remove roast from your slow cooker and set aside.
- Combine flour and water in a small cup. You have 2 options here. Either pour juices from your slow cooker into a saucepan and over medium high heat, on your stove, bring to a gentle boil, add flour mixture and stir until thickened. The other option is to turn slow cooker up to high, if it is not already. Add flour mixture to slow cooker and stir in. Cover and let thicken for about 15 minutes. Frankly, the stovetop method is a little quicker but I usually add the flour mixture to the slow cooker. Either way this gravy is delicious. Serve with roast. Enjoy!