Simple Spinach Artichoke Dip is creamy, cheesy goodness in every bite! Artichoke hearts, spinach, onions, garlic and loads of cheese! The perfect dip!
I think I love appetizers the best, out of all the foods I make. I love eating little bits of everything. Sometimes I actually prefer eating an appetizer for dinner, especially now that my son is out of the house and on his own.
At least once a month we make this Simple Spinach Artichoke Dip. We have even eaten it for dinner on more than one occasion! Ken and I have made this dip and put on a movie and just enjoyed some peace, quiet and every bite! Does anyone else out there ever do this or am I the only one?
Our Favorite Spinach Artichoke Dip
I can’t really decide if I like this dip or our Bacon Artichoke Dip better. If I had to choose between the two, I think I prefer this recipe. It’s difficult to truly say because one dip is served hot and the other cold. They are similar but very different. I would love to hear which you prefer! Please let me know in the comments below!
Ingredients in Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Cream cheese (regular or light)
- Sour cream (regular or light)
- Canned artichokes
- Frozen spinach
- hot sauce (optional)
How to Make Spinach Artichoke Dip
First you have to get as much moisture out of your spinach as possible. I squeeze the defrosted brick, over and over with paper towel, until I am no longer able to squeeze out much moisture.
Next, you chop your spinach into small pieces.
Then, drain and dice your artichokes.
Grab a good sized bowl, combine all of the ingredients, and blend them together with a handheld or stand mixer. Dump into a casserole dish, cover with cheese and bake.
Feel free to add more onion or garlic to this easy dip. I sometimes do. I usually taste this dip before I bake it. Just to make sure it tastes exactly the way I want it to. My son always adds hot sauce. We never do. Our stomachs just can’t take the heat anymore!
Can I make Spinach Artichoke Dip in my Slow Cooker?
You can make spinach artichoke dip in your slow cooker! Add everything into your slow cooker and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 3 ½ to 4 hours. Stir well before serving into individual bowls or one big bowl for everyone to enjoy.
What to Serve With Spinach Artichoke Dip
- chunks of bread
- Baked Pita Chips or not baked
- Toasted baguette slices (crostini)
- tortilla chips
- carrot sticks
- celery sticks
More Great Dip Recipes
Served with corn or tortilla chips or our Baked Pita Chips you will not be disappointed!
Simple Spinach Artichoke Dip Video
Simple Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1 pkg (10 oz) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained
- 1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts, drained, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup cheese, shredded, we use mozzarella or cheddar blends
- ⅔ cup parmesan cheese grated
- ⅓ cup onions, chopped
- pinch salt
- 2 cups cheese, shredded, more or less to taste
- hot sauce (optional)
- pita or naan bread, sliced and toasted or chips, fresh vegetables or crackers
- cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a large sized casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside. We use a 9x6, oval shaped oven safe bowl to serve this appetizer.
- Use paper towel to get as much moisture out of the spinach as possible.
- In a large sized bowl combine spinach, artichoke hearts, sour cream, cream cheese, garlic, ½ cup shredded cheese, parmesan, onions and salt. Stir until blended or use a handheld mixer. Taste your mixture and decide if you want to include a few dashes of hot sauce.
- Transfer mixture to a casserole dish. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top. As much or as little as you want.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheeses are melted, brown and bubbly. Serve hot or warm with toasted naan or pita bread.
- To toast naan or pita bread cut each pita or naan bread in half three times so you end up with 6 triangular shapes. Make your first cut and place both halves on top of each other. Slice two more times so you end up with 6 pieces. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until bread pieces are toasted. We throw a cookie sheet in the oven for the last 10 minutes or so of baking to crisp the naan or pita bread up if we are not using crackers or chips. Serve and enjoy!