This peaches and cream stuffed cake is a delicious, easy and wonderfully creamy dessert! Your favorite canned fruit with a pound or angel food cake!
This Peaches and Cream Stuffed Cake is for my foodie friend Trudie. She is a lover of peaches and I finally got off my behind and filmed this delicious, easy and wonderfully creamy dessert!
Although you can use practically any fruit, peaches are always my favorite fruit to use in this recipe! Perfect for the hotter weather, actually perfect for any time of the year!
Usually I buy two medium sized angel food cakes to make this Peaches and Cream Stuffed Cake recipe even though it is originally intended to fill a large sized one.
There is an elderly widow who lives next door to us who absolutely loves this cake so every time I make one, she gets one too! She appreciates being able to serve something with tea or coffee when company comes by and I know she loves to eat it herself as well!
All fruit lovers really enjoy this cake!
Believe it or not you can make this Peaches and Cream Stuffed Cake with any pudding flavor or fruit, really, canned or fresh! I have used almost everything, including canned fruit cocktail, but my favorite is always peaches!
My friend Julie doesn't like peaches at all, I still can't believe that myself either, so she uses strawberries, bananas, blueberries, raspberries or even used chocolate pudding with chopped bananas before! The possibilities are truly endless!
You can slice the Peaches and Cream Stuffed Cake into slices that are as big or small as you need them to be! Using a bread knife is the easiest way to slice the fabulous dessert!
This recipe for Peaches and Cream Stuffed Cake can also be used to make mini angel food cakes as well. Sometimes I buy these little mini cakes from our local market and I load them up with the filling!
Sometimes I dig out the inside of the mini cakes and sometimes I just slice them! At times it is easier for everyone to have their own small dessert!
Ingredients in Peaches and Cream Stuffed Cake
- heavy or whipping cream
- almond extract
- Vanilla Pudding and Pie Filling 4 serving size
- canned peaches or your favorite or 1 ½ cups fresh fruit
How to make Peaches and Cream Stuffed Cake
Other Cakes to Try
This Peaches and Cream Stuffed Cake had to be made into a video! Take a moment and have a look! I think you will be glad you did!
Peaches and Cream Stuffed Cake Video
Peaches and Cream Stuffed Cake
- 2 medium angel food cakes or 1 large or pound cake
- 1 package Vanilla Pudding and Pie Filling 4 serving size
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 can (28 oz) sliced peaches, drained you can substitute any canned or 1 ½ cups fresh fruit, diced
- 1 - 1 ½ cups whipping cream
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- Cut across the top of the cake. Make the slice about 1 inch thick. Set aside.
- Using your fingers hollow out the cake. Place all of the cake pieces in a bowl and tear into small pieces. Try to go as close to the inner walls of the cake without going all the way through. Dig down until you reach about 1 inch from the bottom.
- Cook pudding with milk according to package directions. Cool in the fridge.
- Take a little more than half of the canned peaches and cut them up. I usually cut each slice into 4 pieces. You can chop them smaller if you wish. Place remaining peach slices on paper towel to dry them. Set aside.
- Beat 1 cup of the whipping cream with the almond extract until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into your cooled pudding. Next add the cake pieces and chopped peaches. Stir until incorporated.
- Using a spoon, fill hollowed out cake with mixture until totally full. Place top back on cake. Refrigerate.
- This next step is up to you. I always do it but you dont need to. Take 1-1 ½ cups whipping cream and 2-3 teaspoons of sugar and best until stiff peaks form. Decorate cake with whipping cream right before serving. Place dry peaches on top to decorate. Serve and enjoy!