This Meaty Tater Casserole is the easiest dinner to make! Your favorite ground meat, tater tots and a few other ingredients make this casserole a hit!
This Meaty Tater Casserole is super quick and easy to prepare and awesome to eat! We have used every combination of ground meat, our favorite being ground pork and beef. Ken has used leftover roast beef chopped up a few times and that tasted awesome.
We have used a can of gravy instead of a condensed cream soup and loved it. Topped with tater tots and cheese, absolutely delicious.
Sometimes I use a can of corn, and sometimes I use beans but the truth is any vegetable will do! Or none at all if that is your preference!
I seem to go through food phases in my life and for a time I always seemed to crave tater tots. I know it sounds strange but it is so true.
Every opportunity I had to use them I did! I just love putting them on top of casseroles with cheese! To me, there was nothing better!
If you are in the mood for tater tots, and a simple dinner recipe, than this Meaty Tater Casserole is for you! I don’t make it as often as I used to but I always have a bag of tater tots in the freezer for whenever the mood strikes me!
We love casseroles, or all in one meals, around here and I have listed some of our favorites below! I am hoping you find at least one other you would like to try! I can't wait to hear what you think or did differently!
Meaty Tater Casserole
- 1 pound lean ground beef pork, sausage, turkey, chicken
- 1 pkg frozen Tater Tots 1 pound or 16 oz.
- 1 can Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup or my homemade condensed cream of mushroom soup 10 ¾ ounce
- 1 - 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 tblsp garlic minced - (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt to taste
- 2 teaspoon pepper to taste
- 1 can corn canned (optional)
- In a large skillet, cook the beef and onion until the meat is no longer pink and the onions are tender; drain. Stir in spices, soup and vegetable.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Top with frozen potatoes. Bake at 400° for 40 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.