Island Explosion Muffins are super easy to prepare. Full of bananas, pineapple, craisins, coconut and walnuts or pecans. The perfect snack or sweet treat.
If you are looking for a plain old boring muffin, you are in the wrong place! These Island Explosions Muffins are full of delicious tropical flavors and they are a hit around here.
There is something to be said for a good blueberry muffin. I love them warm and toasty out of the oven. But sometimes I want something more. Something new and interesting. These Island Explosions Muffins are anything but ordinary.
These muffins make me think of beaches, islands, and all things tropical. I think it is the coconut that makes me think of the islands the most. It's like a mini vacation when you eat one!
The great part about this recipe is that it doesn't take much time to make. You start with a simple, basic muffin batter. Then you add all of the tropical goodness!
We love the combination of the bananas, craisins, coconut, and pineapple. We like to add different types of nuts, but that's optional.
The fruit keeps these muffins so moist. No dry muffins here! I also like all of the different textures.
If you need a mini vacation to the islands, whip up these tasty muffins and let your imagination take you there!
Island Explosion Muffins
- 5 cups all-purpose flour -
- 1 ½ cups sugar -
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda -
- 1 teaspoon salt -
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups bananas, ripe, mashed
- 1 cup oil
- 1 can (14 oz) pineapple, crushed, undrained
- 1 cup craisins
- 1 cup coconut, shredded
- ½ cup walnuts or pecans, chopped optional, more or less to taste
- cooking spray
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, coconut and cinnamon.
- Gradually add eggs, bananas, oil, the entire can of pineapple, craisins and nuts if you are using them.
- Mix with a wooden spoon until totally incorporated.
- Prepare your muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Scoop batter into muffin pan and bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool in their pan for five minutes before placing on a wire rack to cool. Serve and enjoy!