Looking for a quick and easy way to make chicken wings? These broiled chicken wings are the perfect solution! Simply pop them in the oven and you’ll have juicy, delicious wings in no time. Plus, they’re a great way to get your daily dose of protein!
Chicken wings are a classic game-day and party food. But if you’re not sure how to broil chicken wings, they can become dry and overcooked. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to cook chicken wings so they come out perfectly every time – with crispy skin and tender meat. Keep reading for our pro tips!
Broiled Chicken Wings
This was inspired by my Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings on this site, and pairs well with this incredible Jalapeno Coleslaw. When you put them together, you get a meal that is absolutely mouthwatering.
You only need six easy to find ingredients for this recipe and you may already have most of them in your pantry! You are going to love the how crispy and juicy these broiled wings are!
- Bone-in Chicken Wings
- Buffalo Sauce
- Brown Sugar
See the recipe card at the end of the post for quantities.
It takes just a few simple steps to make these delicious broiled chicken wings. This recipe is beginner friendly and is perfect to throw together after a busy day!
Step 1: Prepare Your Oven & Ingredients
Preheat oven on BROIL at 550ºF. In a medium mixing bowl, combine ketchup, buffalo sauce, brown sugar, salt, and pepper.
Step 2: Prep Your Chicken
Add chicken wings and mix until wings are evenly coated.
Add chicken wings and mix until wings are evenly coated. Place chicken wings on a greased broiling rack about 10 inches away from the heating
Step 3: Broil The Chicken
Broil for 10 minutes. Flip wings and brush with the additional sauce.
Broil for another 10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160ºF.
Hint: if you like extra saucy wings, add a bit more sauce to the chicken after it has completely cooked for an extra punch of flavor.
Don’t have the correct ingredients on hand? Or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change these buffalo wings.
- Buffalo Sauce – if you are not a fan of buffalo sauce or do not like your wings spicy, you can try your favorite bbq sauce instead.
- Brown Sugar – this adds a bit of sweet to cut the spice of these wings, but you can leave it out if you do not wany any sweet added.
Want to personalize this broiled chicken wings recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Extra Spicy – add a bit chili pepper flakes or switch out the buffalo sauce for a spicier sauce like habenero to add more of a kick for this recipe.
- Extra Crispy – add a bit of cornstarch to the mix for some extra crunch.
- Kid friendly – replace the buffalo sauce with a milder wing sauce such as parmesan garlic for these wings to be a hit with the kids.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy these Baked Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings.
It only takes a simple basic kitchen gadgets to make this delicious recipe.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Spatula or tongs
- Basting brush
- Broiling rack
Your leftover chicken wings can be stored after completely cooled in an airtight contain in the refrigerator for up to four days.
This recipe is uncomplicated to make, but there are still some tips that will elevate these wings and make them even better.
- Grease your broiling rack with cooking spray, oil or butter before cooking to prevent sticking.
- Let the wings rest for about 10 minutes prior to serving to make them extra juicy.
More Juicy Chicken Recipes
Do you like delicious juicy chicken? Here some recipes you may also like to try.
Do you have questions about these buffalo chicken wings? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about broiled chicken wings.
You can easily reheat your leftover chicken wings in the oven! Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spread your wings out evenly on a baking sheet, put them in the oven and reheat for 10-20 minutes, or until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Broiling your wings will make them the most crispy. However if you want them even crispier, you can try coating them in a bit of seasoned baking powder (not baking powder) before broiling and spray them with a bit of olive oil.
Making sure to flip your chicken wings during the cooking process will ensure that the entire wing is crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. You also want to make sure to season your chicken well for the best flavor.
How to Broil Chicken Wings
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
How to Broil Chicken Wings
- rimmed baking sheet
- 12 chicken wings bone in, skin on
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup buffalo sauce
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat your oven on BROIL at 550ºF.
- Get out and measure your ingredients.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine ketchup, buffalo sauce, brown sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Stir until blended.
- Add chicken wings and mix until wings are evenly coated.
- Place chicken wings on a greased broiling rack about 10 inches away from the heating element.
- Broil for 10 minutes.
- Flip wings and brush with the additional sauce.
- Broil for another 10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160ºF.
- Remove from oven.
- Dip if desired!
- Every bite!