This copycat Buffalo Wild Wings Asian Zing Sauce recipe is loaded with all the spicy, citrusy, and sweet flavors we love in the original. It’s an easy recipe that’s a blast of flavor.
I love the Asian Zing sauce at Buffalo Wild Wings. I’d put it on everything if I could. Then it came to me. If I made it at home I COULD put it on everything!
Asian Zing Sauce Recipe
It only takes a few simple ingredients to make this sauce. You’ll find them all easily at your local grocery store.
- Rice wine vinegar
- Corn syrup
- Chili garlic sauce
- Soy sauce
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Ground ginger
- Garlic powder
See the recipe card at the end of the post for quantities.
Making this recipe is just as simple as the ingredient list. It only takes one step!
Step 1: Make the Sauce
Add the cornstarch to a large bowl. Then, add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and whisk thoroughly until combined.
Hint: A whisk is a much better option for this recipe than a spoon. The cornstarch needs to be really mixed well with the other ingredients.
Don’t have the correct ingredients on hand or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this Azian Zing sauce recipe.
- Bottled Lemon Juice – If you don’t have lemons you can use Real Lemon juice.
- Garlic Salt – If you don’t have garlic powder, use garlic salt and omit the extra salt.
Want to personalize this Buffalo Wild Wings Asian Zing sauce recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Low Sodium – For a low sodium version of this recipe, use reduced salt soy sauce and omit the extra salt.
- Brown Sugar – For a deeper flavor, try using brown sugar.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this Buffalo Wild Wings spicy garlic sauce.
It takes next to no equipment to make this tasty sauce.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Large bowl
Store this sauce in the refrigerator in a tightly covered container for up to a week.
This recipe is so easy, it’s hard to ruin it. That being said, I do have a couple of tips to help make it the best sauce possible.
- Use a whisk to combine the ingredients to ensure the cornstarch is adequately incorporated.
- Add the cornstarch to the bowl first before the other ingredients so you don’t get cornstarch balls in the sauce.
More Sauce Recipes
Do you like dipping sauces? Here are some recipes you may also like to try.
Do you have questions about Buffalo Wild Wings Asian Zing sauce? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about this Asian Zing sauce recipe.
The cornstarch makes it thick and able to stick to your food.
It will last for about a week in the refrigerator in an air-tight container.
To serve this sauce hot, simply pop it in the microwave in a covered, microwave-safe bowl and heat at 15-second intervals until hot.
Buffalo Wild Wings Asian Zing Sauce
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Buffalo Wild Wings Asian Zing Sauce
- large bowl
- 2 teaspoons Cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- ½ cup Corn Syrup
- ¼ cup Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice freshly squeezed
- ½ teaspoon Ground Ginger
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Grab a resealable bag and throw wings inside. Add enough oil to coat and dump on baking sheet covered in tinfoil. Sprinkle wings with salt and pepper. Bake the chicken wings at 400 degrees F for 60 minutes and golden brown.
- Get out and measure your ingredients.
- Grab a large bowl and add cornstarch. Next, add rice vinegar and stir. Once blended, add corn syrup, chili garlic sauce, soy sauce, and lemon juice, ginger, garlic powder, salt, and ginger.
- Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Simply toss baked wings in sauce and enjoy every bite!