Are you looking for the ultimate dessert dip? Stop looking because this Funfetti cake mix dip recipe is for you!! Made with Cool Whip, Funfetti cake mix, and vanilla pudding, this easy dessert dip is one you won't be able to turn down.
I'm a big fan of Funfetti cake and I love a good cake mix dip. That's why this mash-up of my two most loved desserts is one of my favorites to make! It actually tastes exactly like funfetti cake but in the form of a dip!
Dessert dips are perfect for serving desserts to a crowd! If you love this one, you might also enjoy this cherry cheesecake dip or some Oreo fluff. Serve any of these tasty dips with these amazing sugar cookies or your favorite dippers!
Why You Will Love Funfetti Cake Batter Dip
- Quick and easy to make.
- Perfect for any occasion or gathering.
- Requires no baking or oven to make!
- A kid-friendly dessert that both kids and adults will love.
- A colorful addition to the table, thanks to the rainbow sprinkles.
It only takes FOUR simple ingredients to make this easy dessert dip. They're easy to find at your local grocery store. Be sure to check the recipe card at the end of the post for exact quantities.
- Funfetti cake mix: Any brand works!
- Cool Whip: This non-dairy whipped topping gives the dip a light and fluffy consistency.
- Vanilla pudding cups: Premixed pudding means you don't have to mix anything up!
- Rainbow sprinkles: To add more sprinkles to make it an even more fun, funfetti dip!
Substitutions and Variations
- Funfetti cake mix: Swap it with another cake mix flavor.
- Vanilla Pudding Cups. Mix up some pudding and use two cups to make the dip or use vanilla yogurt instead.
- Rainbow Sprinkles: Use seasonal colors or your favorite sprinkles to create a personalized look for any occasion.
- Go Nuts: Add your favorite chopped nuts like peanuts, hazelnuts, almonds, pecans, walnuts, or shredded coconut to give the dip another layer of flavor and some crunch.
- Other Mix-ins: Add mini marshmallows, crushed graham crackers, chocolate chips, caramel chips, butterscotch, M&M's, dried fruit, toffee bits, crushed cookies, or your favorite chopped chocolate bars. These canned be mixed into the dip or simply sprinkled over the top.
- Individual Servings: Spoon it into small individual serving bowls or glasses and top with a few extra sprinkles.
How to Make Funfetti Dip
This super easy recipe is ready in no time flat. You'll be in and out of the kitchen in no time! The highlights are here, but you'll find the exact instructions in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Microwave the cake mix until it reaches 165 degrees to kill any bacteria. Then combine the cake mix, cool whip, pudding, and sprinkles in a bowl.
- Stir with a wooden spoon or spatula to mix all the ingredients together until thoroughly combined.
- Serve it up in a bowl and sprinkle with more rainbow sprinkles.
If you love recipes like this funfetti cake batter dip, you may also enjoy this easy Funfetti cake recipe.
- Refrigerator: Store for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
- Freezer: Do not freeze as the texture will change.
- Make Ahead: This dip gets better the longer it chills so feel free to make it a day or so in advance.
What to Serve with Funfetti Cake Dip
This delicious cake dip is perfect with store-bought cookies, animal crackers, graham crackers, or pretzels. If you want to use homemade dippers, try these green turtle sugar cookies or these fruity pebbles cookies.
Fresh fruit also works well as a dipper for this dessert dip. Strawberries, pineapple, or fruit skewers are some favorites.
Instead of a dip use this funfetti cream as a great topping for cakes, cupcakes, and even ice cream. It'd look fantastic with this rainbow cake!
- Use a rubber spatula to fold the ingredients rather than an electric mixer. This preserves the light and fluffy texture of the dip.
- Keep it chilled until ready to serve. It should be served cold for the best results!
- Use a full-fat Cool Whip for the best consistency and flavor instead of a low-fat version.
- Let the flavors meld for at least 10 minutes before serving for optimal texture and flavor.
Microwave your cake mix in 30-second intervals, stirring in between each. After 2 or 3 rounds in your microwave, the cake mix should register 165 degrees with a food thermometer.
Yes, you can prepare Funfetti Dessert Dip without a microwave by baking the dry Funfetti cake mix in an oven preheated at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Allow the cooked cake mix to cool completely before making your dip.
Cake mix can have bacteria, and that bacteria can make you sick. Heat-treating the cake mix kills any bacteria.
More Dessert Dip Recipes
Do you like dessert dips? Here are some recipes you may also like to try.
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Creamy Funfetti Dessert Dip
- 1 box (15.25 oz) Funfetti cake mix, dry
- 1 carton (8 oz) cool whip thawed
- 2 boxes (3.25 oz) vanilla pudding cups (about 2 cups)
- ¼ cup rainbow sprinkles
- Begin by heat treating the cake mix by adding it to a medium microwave safe bowl and microwave on 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until the mix reaches 165 degrees F. Allow the cake mix to cool completely.
- Use a rubber spatula, or a hand mixer, to mix the cake mix, cool whip, vanilla pudding, and rainbow sprinkles until fully combined and there are no dry spots remaining.
- Serve immediately or keep covered in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.