Easy Ice Cream Sandwich Cake makes for a perfect no-bake dessert. If you are short on time but craving something sweet this is the recipe that you want to make.
Not only is this Copycat Pioneer Woman Ice Cream Sandwich Cake easy to make but it’s also budget-friendly, No fancy ingredients are needed to make this simple dessert.
Facebook Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
A few weeks ago, I was mindlessly scrolling Facebook when I came across this amazing and decadent ice cream sandwich cake recipe. I wanted to give it a try but I didn’t have all the ingredients on hand. So, I used what I had on hand and came up with my own copycat version of the Facebook ice cream sandwich cake.
Three ingredients are all you need to make this delicious and ways ice cream sandwich cake recipe. You might not even need to make a trip to the grocery store.
- ice cream sandwiches
- Cool Whip
See the recipe card for quantities.
How to Make Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
Ready to make this easy ice cream dessert recipe? Follow these simple four steps and you will have a sweet treat ready in no time.
Step 1: Layer the ice cream sandwiches
In an 8×8 baking dish, place one layer of ice cream sandwiches.
Step 2: Build the second layer
Spread half of the Cool Whip over top and add some sprinkles.
Step 3: Add the third layer
Add another layer of ice cream sandwiches followed by the remaining Cool Whip. Then top again with sprinkles.
Step 4: Freeze the cake
Freeze for 1 hour prior to serving
Don’t have the correct ingredients on hand? Or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this kid-friendly recipe.
- Ice Cream Sandwiches – use any type of ice cream sandwich that your family perfers like Mint or Neapolitan.
- Whipped Cream– Out of whipped topping? Use homemade whipped cream or canned whipped cream instead.
- Sprinkles -Change up the sprinkles or leave them out all togther to suit what you have on hand.
Want to personalize this easy dessert recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Candy – Add chopped candy like M&M’s, peanut butter cups, candy bars etc to your ice cream cake.
- Nuts – Like nuts on your ice cream? Add your favorite chopped nuts between the layers.
- Syrup– Top your ice cream sandwich cake with chocolate syrup, caramel or even strawberry.
You only need two basic kitchen tools to make this easy dessert. This ice cream sandwich cake would make for an excellent easy birthday cake idea!
- 8×8 baking pan
- spatula or knife
Want to make this ice cream sandwich cake recipe ahead? You can store this cake in the freezer for up to three months.
More Ice Cream Recipes
Do you like Ice Cream recipes? Here are some recipes you may also like to try
Do you have questions about the creamy dessert recipe? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about this delicious and easy recipe.
Yes! You can make this recipe up to three months ahead! How’s that for being prepared?
Keep the ice cream covered at all times while in the freezer. I like to use a foil pan so that way my cake isn’t taking up one of my favorite baking pans.
Yes! It’s simple to double this dessert recipe. Just use a 9×13 inch pan.
Easy Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Recipe
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Easy Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
- 8×8 baking pan
- spatula or knife
- 12 ice cream sandwiches
- 12 oz Cool Whip
- In an 8×8 baking dish, place one layer of ice cream sandwiches.
- Spread half of the Cool Whip over top and add some sprinkles.
- Add another layer of ice cream sandwiches followed by the remaining Cool Whip.
- Add as many sprinkles as you desire.
- Freeze for 1 hour prior to serving