Boursin pasta brings together the creaminess of Boursin cheese with the satisfying texture of pasta creating a delightful dish!
Boursin cheese, a soft, garlic, and herb-infused cheese, adds an exquisite touch to pasta dishes, taking your culinary experience to new heights.
This boursin pasta recipe is perfect for those nights when you want to treat yourself and your loved ones to something special.
Preparing Boursin cheese pasta is quite simple, and you'll be rewarded with a mouthwatering dish in no time.
While there are numerous variations of Boursin cheese pasta dishes to experiment with, the key is always to use top-notch ingredients and strike a balance between the creaminess of the cheese and the other components of your dish.
So go ahead, grab your favorite pasta and Boursin cheese, and let your taste buds rejoice in the amazing flavors awaiting them in this irresistibly creamy dish.
This was inspired by my other Boursin recipe with chicken on this site, and pairs well with these amazing sidedish recipes.
Why You Will Love Pasta with Boursin Cheese
Boursin pasta is a deliciously creamy and comforting dish that you'll find yourself craving time and time again.
- Great flavor and texture! The cheese gives the dish an indulgent creaminess while layering in wonderful depth of flavor with its unique blend of herbs.
- Incredibly easy! Made with just a few basic ingredients you'll love how quick and hassle-free it is to prepare this satisfying dinner after a long day at work.
- A comforting dish that warms your soul.
- Excellent for weeknight dinners but also suitable for special occasions. It comes together quickly and requires minimal prep work but also has the potential to impress your guests with its creamy, indulgent taste.
- Versatile dish! Enjoy as a main dish or side dish and it's easy to customize the dish to your own tastes!
- Ready in less than 20 minutes!
Boursin Cheese Pasta Recipe Ingredients
To make Boursin pasta, you will need the following ingredients:
- Grape Tomatoes: Easy to add to the pasta! You can also use cherry tomatoes, chopped Roma or plum tomatoes.
- Boursin Garlic Herb Cheese: This creamy herb cheese is all that it takes to make your pasta creamy and flavorful.
- Olive oil: This light fruity oil is perfect for pasta but you can swap it for a neutral oil instead.
- Garlic Cloves: Fresh to enhance the garlic in the cheese.
- Pasta: This works any type of pasta! We're using rotini! Use shaped pasta for the best sauce-to-pasta ratio so you can enjoy the full flavor of the Boursin cheese.
- Fresh Basil: For a bit of garnish over the top of the dish before serving.
- Oregano: It enhances the herb flavor but you can swap it for Italian seasoning, chives, basil, thyme, parsley, rosemary, or tarragon.
⭐️ HINT: You may also want to reserve some pasta water to adjust the sauce consistency.
What can I substitute for the Boursin cheese?
While it's really the ingredient that makes this dish so amazing, in a pinch you can try a couple things.
The best swap is to use a flavored cream cheese like chive and onion. You can also use goat cheese or ricotta but will need to add more seasonings since these don't have the herbs and garlic like the Boursin.
Feel free to customize your Boursin pasta recipe with your favorite vegetables, proteins, or seasoning.
There are plenty of ways to make your Boursin pasta recipe unique to your preferences. Here are some suggestions for substitutions and additions to consider:
- Greens: Add fresh baby spinach, kale, or arugula to the dish.
- Add Protein: Throw in some cooked chicken or shrimp for extra protein and flavor.
- Add Vegetables: For added flavor and texture cooked vegetables such as mushrooms, zucchini, eggplant, olives, broccoli or bell peppers all work. Use just one or combine a few of your favorites.
- Add a Drizzle: Drizzle some truffle oil over top just before serving for an irresistibly creamy savory finish
- Creamier: Add a ½ cup of vegetable broth, heavy cream, chicken broth or white wine to the dish before baking to thin out the sauce a bit and make it creamier.
- Add More Cheese: We suggest grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano. This gives the dish a delightful cheesier texture but also a salty kick that enhances the overall taste.
- Spicy: Add a bit of chili pepper flakes, diced jalapeno pepper, our jalapeno powder, smoked jalapeno powder, or chipotle powder to the sauce for more heat.
How to Make Boursin Cheese Pasta
This dish goes together in just a few steps and is ready in just 20 minutes! Here are the highlights:
- Place the Boursin in the center of a casserole dish and surround with the tomatoes.
- Drizzle the olive oil , seasonings, and minced garlic over the top of the Boursin and tomatoes.
- Place the baking dish into the oven on the center rack and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven and stir until blended.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Add the pasta to the melted cheese and stir to combine.
- Garnish the top with basil before serving. Enjoy every bite.
We think this dish is best enjoyed fresh but you can still keep your leftovers for another day! We don't recommend making this dish ahead of time.
Refrigerator: Store leftover Boursin cheese pasta in the refrigerator in an airtight container and keep it for up to four days.
Freezer: Freezing this dish may change the texture of the sauce so it's not recommended.
Reheat: Heat leftovers in a saucepan over low heat and add a splash of chicken broth or vegetable broth to revive the sauce if it's needed. Alternatively, bake it in a baking dish at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, which will yield a more tender pasta with slightly crunchy edges.
What to Serve with Boursin Cheese Pasta
Serve this pasta dish as a main entree or side dish. Here are some ideas for inspiration.
- It goes great with just about any chicken dish! We love it with crispy chicken thighs and this simple Italian chicken.
- When it comes to steak, it makes a tasty side dish for this balsamic steak.
- Serve up this tiktok pasta with lemon garlic shrimp and Olive Garden copycat salmon.
- As a main dish add sautéed cauliflower or sauteed spinach as a side dish to accompany it!
- To balance the richness of this cheesy pasta serve up a salad. Try our strawberry spinach salad or cold asparagus salad.
- Don't forget homemade dinner rolls, garlic breadsticks, or bacon wrapped cheese biscuits to soak up any remaining sauce on your plate.
Remember these tips, and you're on your way to making a delicious Boursin pasta dish to impress your friends and family.
- Use garlic and herb Boursin for the best flavor. This Gournay cheese creates a rich, creamy, and flavorful sauce for your pasta.
- Make sure you cook your pasta al dente. This means it should be cooked just enough that it retains a bit of firmness so it doesn't turn mushy when you mix it with the sauce. A great tip for achieving the perfect al dente texture is to follow the cooking time instructions on the package, but taste it a minute or two before the minimum time to check its texture.
- Don't forget to reserve some pasta water before draining the pasta. The starchy water will help the sauce and pasta blend together. You might not need all of it but having some on hand ensures your pasta won't become dry.
- Gently fold the sauce and pasta together. Over mixing can break up the pasta and cause it to lose its shape, which will not be as appealing to eat.
Yes, Boursin pasta can be easily adapted to be vegetarian-friendly. The base recipe contains pasta, Boursin cheese, tomatoes, and herbs which are all vegetarian ingredients. You can also add extra veggies like spinach or bell peppers to enhance the nutritional value and flavors of the dish.
Yes, after baking this pasta dish can be served cold as a salad or side dish.
Boursin cheese is widely available in major grocery stores and is typically found in the specialty cheese section. However, if you cannot find it, feel free to use any other flavored cream cheese or even regular cream cheese, according to your taste preferences. You can also experiment with other Boursin flavors to customize the dish to your liking.
Boursin pasta can be easily made in one pot, simplifying the preparation and clean-up process. Start by cooking the pasta in a large pot, then drain and set aside. In the same pot, prepare the creamy Boursin sauce by adding roasted tomatoes, garlic, and the desired herbs along with the cheese. Once the sauce is ready, add the pasta back in, mix well and serve.
Boursin pasta is a delicious and comforting dish made with French cream cheese, also known as Gournay or Boursin, which is usually flavored with garlic and fine herbs. Combined with pasta, roasted tomatoes, and other ingredients, it creates a rich and satisfying meal that is perfect for a weeknight dinner.
More Easy Pasta Recipes
Do you like pasta for dinner? Here some recipes you may also like to try
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
The Easiest Boursin Pasta Recipe
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 Boursin garlic herb cheese
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lb fusilli pasta
- Basil as garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350*
- Add Boursin to the center of a casserole dish. Add tomatoes surrounding the cheese.
- Drizzle olive oil , seasonings, and minced garlic over the top of the Boursin and tomatoes.
- Place into the oven on the center rack and bake for 15 minutes
- Meanwhile, bring 4 cups of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Next, stir the cheese until melted. Add the pasta and stir to combine.
- Garnish with chopped basil and enjoy!
Leave a Reply