Taco Zucchini Beef and Pork Skillet is fast, easy and fabulous! A great way to use up vegetables. Comforting and hearty, serve with a side of rice or in a burrito.
Over the years I have accumulated quite a few recipes that I can easily use up vegetables in our garden or fridge whenever needed and this is one if those recipes. This is an easy dish you will make over and over again!
It seems that no matter where we have lived over the years one of the vegetables we always end up with lots of is zucchini! This is one of my favorites to use some up.
I love this Taco Zucchini Beef and Pork Skillet served on a bed of rice but my favorite way to eat this meal is like a burrito, in a tortilla wrap. I pretty much am always prepared to make wraps or burritos with the leftovers, whenever possible.
There have been a few occasions when everything was eaten the day I made it which usually makes me happy. Unfortunately, I always enjoy these leftovers and secretly I was a bit miffed or almost annoyed. That is terrible to admit but true.
Regardless, when I am lucky enough to have leftovers, I will make more rice if needed and place some on to the flour tortilla. Next, I scoop some meat mixture on top of the rice, fold i the ends and roll! That is it! Absolutely wonderful!
Ingredients in Taco Zucchini Beef and Pork Skillet
- ground beef
- ground pork
- sweet pepper
- taco seasoning
- diced tomatoes or salsa
- crushed red pepper flakes
How to make Taco Zucchini Beef and Pork Skillet
Brown ground beef with onions, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
Cook over medium heat until meat is browned.
Add tomatoes and remaining spices.
Cover and simmer on low heat for another 10 minutes.
Add the zucchini and sweet peppers.
Cover and cook for about 10 more minutes until zucchini is cooked, but still firm.
Serve over rice. Enjoy!
Easy Mexican Inspired Recipes
Taco Zucchini Beef and Pork Skillet
- large skillet
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 medium zucchini sliced and quartered
- 1 large pepper any color, chopped
- 1 medium onions chopped
- 1 package Taco seasoning or 3 tablespoons of homemade
- 1 can or jar (28 oz) diced tomatoes or salsa
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes - more or less to taste
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- Brown ground beef with onions, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook over medium heat until meat is browned.
- Add tomatoes and remaining spices.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for another 10 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and sweet peppers.
- Cover and cook for about 10 more minutes until zucchini is cooked, but still firm.
- Serve with rice or in a burrito. Enjoy!