This Easy Slow Cooker Taco Chicken and Rice is the easiest dinner to make! The entire dinner is in your slow cooker! I usually include a vegetable side or salad and that is it! This is one of my favorite simple dishes we make, sometimes served with cheese! Sometimes I even shred the chicken and throw the contents into a tortilla or taco shell with some cheese as well! With this dish you do have options!
This recipe for Easy Slow Cooker Taco Chicken and Rice can be easily doubled to feed more people if needed. I find this recipe easily feeds my husband and myself. Frankly my son will make this for himself and eat the entire thing! He is 25 and eats like a horse! My husband says he has a hollow leg for extra storage! I wish I had space for extra storage!
Easy Mexican Inspired Recipes
Slow Cooker Taco Chicken and Rice
- 2 chicken breasts boneless, skinless, cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 large peppers chopped
- 1 can 28 oz diced tomatoes, not drained
- 1 cup long grain rice uncooked
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 package or 3 tablespoons taco seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cheese shredded (if desired)
- Prepare your slow cooker with cooking spray. Place chicken breasts on the bottom of your slow cooker. Sprinkle onions and peppers over top. Dump can of diced tomatoes, rice, broth, taco seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir until blended. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours or high for 3 to 4. Sprinkle cheese over top when serving if desired!