This Cheesy Pizza Spaghetti Casserole is so good! Full of your favorite pizza toppings, pasta, ground beef, sausage or pork, pepperoni and cheese! I am embarrassed to admit how much I love all of the ingredients in this casserole. I have even missed quite a few pizza toppings that you can include! This recipe is a definite keeper!
I just love this casserole. It contains two of my favorite things, pizza and pasta, all in one dish! It’s like I get the best of both worlds in one meal! This rarely happens to make!
Love the cheese, the pepperoni, inside and out, and all of the pizza toppings you can include! Anything your heart prefers or desires. Easily add mushrooms, onions, and peppers but remember you can include non traditional pizza toppings as well, like carrots and peas. No one is going to complain.
Ingredients for Cheesy Pizza Spaghetti Casserole
- spaghetti, macaroni or your favorite pasta
- ground Italian sausage OR ground beef, chicken, turkey, pork
- onion, diced, if desired
- sliced mini pepperoni
- pasta or marinara sauce
- garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- parmesan cheese, if desired
- crushed red pepper flakes
- cooking spray
How to make Cheesy Pizza Spaghetti Casserole
Cook spaghetti or macaroni noodles according to package directions, rinse, drain and set aside.
Prepare a 9×13 inch pan with a light coating of cooking spray. Set aside.
Heat a frying pan over medium high heat.
While the spaghetti is cooking, prepare sausage crumbles. In a medium mixing bowl, combine Italian sausage, Italian seasoning, black pepper, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes. Use a ½ tablespoon spoon and make mini meatballs.
Add olive oil to the hot pan and swirl to coat. Add mini meatballs to the pan and cook until browned, about five minutes. Sauté your onion at the same time if you’re using one.
In a large mixing bowl, combine cooked spaghetti, marinara sauce, half of the mini meatballs, half of the mozzarella, and half of the mini pepperoni. Stir well. Add all to a casserole dish and top with parmesan if desired, remaining mozzarella, meatballs, and pepperoni.
Place into the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and has started to brown..
Let stand for 10 minutes and then serve.
Garnish with fresh chopped basil and enjoy!
Hopefully you have a moment to take a peek at some of my other pasta dishes as well! You never know when you will stumble on to a keeper!
More Delicious Pasta Dishes to Try
Cheesy Pizza Spaghetti Casserole
- 13 x 9 inch pan
- 1 lb spaghetti noodles or your favorite pasta
- 2 cups marinara or another pasta sauce
- ½ lb ground Italian sausage OR ground beef, chicken, turkey, pork
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups pepperoni mini or full size pepperoni cut into quarters
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese grated or shredded, , if desired, divided
- 1 small onion, if desired, diced
- Get out and measure your ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and dump into large mixing bowl.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, prepare sausage crumbles. In a medium mixing bowl, combine Italian sausage, Italian seasoning, black pepper, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes.
- Use a ½ tablespoon spoon.
- Make mini meatballs.
- Add olive oil to the hot pan and swirl to coat. Add mini meatballs to the pan and cook until browned, about five minutes. Sometimes I throw a small diced onion in with the meatballs while they're cooking. Adds a little more flavor and is a nice change.
- Add half of mini meatballs to cooked pasta.
- Add half of the mini pepperoni.
- Add mozzarella and some parmesan cheese if using. I always add an extra ¼ cup of parmesan cheese.
- Add marinara or pasta sauce.
- Mix well.
- Add to casserole dish or prepared pan.
- Top with remaining mozzarella, parmesan, if using, meatballs, and pepperoni.
- Place into the oven and bake for 10 minutes or cheese is nice and melty brown.
- Garnish with fresh chopped basil if desired and enjoy every bite!