These Awesome Stuffed Peppers are a big hit around here. Your favorite ground meat, marinara sauce, rice and of course cheese! So easy and just delicious!
I make a double batch of these Awesome Stuffed Peppers once a month. We enjoy a meal and then I freeze the rest individually so if one of us gets hungry we just grab one and microwave it. Dinner, ready in minutes.I have to mention that when you are buying peppers try to pick the ones that will stand up on their own. It will make things easier for you. I always try to pick peppers that have 4 bumps on the bottom instead of the usual 3. Regardless of which kind you have you might have to trim the peppers so they stand up in your pan!
I have to admit that I have loved sweet peppers all of my life. When I was young I used to pick them, before they were even ready, from my grandparent's garden! I didn't even wash them first or care. I just ate them and loved every bite!
Ingredients for Stuffed Peppers
- ground meat, your favorite variety or a combination of
- sweet peppers
- pasta sauce
- worcestershire sauce
- Italian seasoning
How to make Stuffed Peppers
Cook rice according to package directions.
In a skillet cook the garlic, onions and ground meat until the meat is cooked through.
Wash your peppers. Remove and discard the tops, seeds, and membranes.
Arrange peppers in a baking dish with the hollowed sides facing upward.
In a bowl, mix the browned meat, cooked rice, pasta sauce, cheese, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
Spoon an equal amount of the mixture into each hollowed pepper and press down with a spoon.
Mix the remaining pasta sauce and Italian seasoning in a bowl, and brush on top of the stuffed peppers.
Bake for 30 minutes, basting top with sauce at 15 minutes.
Remove peppers from oven and add shredded cheese to the tops.
Bake for another 30 minutes.
Now that I think about it I use peppers in so many recipes and I can't seem to help it! The last recipe I am going to mention in is an easy Simple Steak or Chicken and Peppers Stir Fry which is full of peppers and either steak or chicken! Totally tasty too!I find these Awesome Stuffed Peppers are best made with a mixture of beef and pork or beef and sausage. Combined with pasta sauce and cheese. Everything we love in a meal. You will be glad you tried them.
Have a look at our video below. I think you will be glad you did!
What To Serve With Stuffed Peppers
These stuffed peppers are awesome for a reason and deserve to be served with awesome stuffed pepper sides. Check out this list we've compiled to do just that!
Awesome Stuffed Peppers Video
Awesome Stuffed Peppers
- 1 pound ground beef, ground sausage, ground turkey, ground chicken or, ground pork
- ½ cup rice
- 1 cup water
- 6 large sweet bell peppers
- 2 cups tomato based pasta sauce , your favorite variety
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tblsp garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tblsp Italian seasoning
- ¾ cup cheese, shredded optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the rice and water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and cook 20 minutes.
- In a skillet over medium heat, while the rice is cooking, cook the garlic, onions and ground meat until the meat is cooked through.
- Wash your peppers. Remove and discard the tops, seeds, and membranes. Arrange peppers in a baking dish with the hollowed sides facing upward. Slice the bottoms of the peppers slightly if necessary so that they will stand upright.
- In a bowl, mix the browned meat, cooked rice, pasta sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. You can add shredded cheese into the mixture if desired. I do sometimes. Ken does all the time. It is up to you.
- Spoon an equal amount of the mixture into each hollowed pepper and press down with a spoon. Pack the stuffing in.
- Mix the remaining pasta sauce and Italian seasoning in a bowl, and brush on top of the stuffed peppers.
- Bake for 45 minutes, basting top with sauce at 15 and 30 minutes.
- Then remove peppers from oven, baste one last time and add shredded cheese to the tops.
- Bake for another 15 minutes. Serve immediately.