This Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream with Snickers sauce makes for a delicious and decedent dessert. This turned out to be with a rich dessert that everyone loved.
With this creamy ice cream dessert there is no need to spend hours in the kitchen making a dessert to wow your guests. When you can use store bought ice cream and this sweet and rich snickers sauce.
This rich and peanut filled Snickers sauce was inspired by my love of all things snickers. I think Snickers and ice cream is the perfect combination. It’s definitely what dreams are made of!
Do you love peanuts as much as I do? If so, this recipe is for you. You only need 5 simple ingredients to make this sweet dessert recipe.
- vanilla ice cream
- peanut butter cups
- Snickers bars
- heavy cream
- shredded coconut
See the recipe card below for quantities.
Are you ready to make this delicious Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream with Snicker Sauce recipe? Follow these four simple steps and you will have an amazing dessert that tastes like restaurant quality.
Step 1: Soften the ice cream so you can work with it.
To soften vanilla ice cream quickly, turn it into a large bowl and cut it into large chunks. You could also just leave the ice cream on the counter for five to ten minutes until it is soft.
Step 2: Add in your peanut butter cups
As soon as you can work the ice cream with a rubber spatula, fold in chopped Reese’s or other peanut butter cups and refreeze.
Step 3: Make your Snickers Sauce
Add cream to pot. Next, add Snickers bars in small saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently, until melted into chunky sauce. Add coconut if using. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
Step 4: Serve the ice cream
Scoop ice cream into four bowls and spoon warm sauce over it. Serve. Chill bowls first if possible. Sprinkle coconut on after? Or whipped cream too maybe?
Hint: For easy removal of ice cream dip your ice cream scoop or spoon in cold water.
Don’t have the correct ingredients on hand? Or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this Peanut Butter Ice cream recipe.
- Coconut – Don’t like coconut? Just leave it out of this recipe.
- Snickers – instead of use peanut butter cups in your ice cream, just chopped up snickers.
Want to personalize this (use keyword or recipe title here) recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Caramel – when mixing in the peanut butter cups into the ice cream, add in caramel sauce for caramel ice cream.
- Chocolate – love chocolate? Use chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy Brownie Ice Cream Cake with peanut butter.
You only need three easy ingredients to make this creamy and chocolate ice cream dessert recipe.
- Mixing bowl
- Rubber Spatula
Store the peanut butter cup ice cream in the freezer for up to three months.
Snicker Sauce can be stored in an airtight container for up to one week.
More Peanut Butter Recipes
Do you like peanut butter? Here some recipes you may also like to try:
Do you have questions about peanut butter cup ice cream? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about this creamy and sweet recipe.
Absolutely! Both the peanut butter ice cream and the Snicker sauce store well.
You certainly can! No need to change up the cooking time on your Snicker sauce.
Yes! The flavor options are endless use whatever kind of ice cream that your family prefers! I think cheesecake ice cream would be wonderful!
Peanut Butter Ice Cream with Snickers Sauce Recipe
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream with Snickers Sauce
Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream softened
- 12 peanut butter cups chopped coarse
- 8 Snickers bars chopped coarse
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- 946 ml is 4 cups is 2 pints of ice cream.
- ½ cup desiccated coconut, the dried or frozen fresh shredded, unsweetened
- Get out and measure your ingredients.
Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream
- To soften vanilla ice cream quickly, turn it into a large bowl and cut it into large chunks.
- As soon as you can work the ice cream with a rubber spatula, fold in chopped peanut butter cups and refreeze.
- Return to freezer until firm, at least another 30 minutes.
- Add cream to pot. Add Snickers bars in small saucepan over low heat.
- Stir frequently until melted into a chunky sauce.
- Add coconut if using.
- Remove from heat.
- Chill bowls first if at all possible.
- Scoop ice cream into bowls.
- Sprinkle coconut on, if using.
- Spoon warm sauce over it.
- And some whipped cream too.
- Enjoy every bite.