Mom’s Best Zucchini Casserole recipe is a super easy, old fashioned, vegetable casserole with sour cream, stuffing mix, shredded carrots and so much more!
Best Zucchini Casserole Recipe
This recipe is actually my husbands mother’s casserole and it’s a keeper. Super simple and a delicious side that will go with almost any main course.
Mom’s Zucchini Casserole is a great way to use up all of your zucchinis! We always get so many from our garden and I am always looking for new ways to use them up.
This recipe is definitely an oldie and a goodie or fast and fabulous. Only a few simple ingredients and there you have it. A terrific dinner side. My mother in law has actually thrown leftover meat inside this casserole and created a tasty main course.
Zucchini Casserole with Sour Cream
You can throw any other vegetables you want or need to use into this zucchini casserole with sour cream. I love the way this simple summer casserole comes together.
Easy Zucchini Casserole Recipe
There are so many condensed cream soups to choose from. An unbelievable number actually. This means to me that you can definitely have some fun creating different flavors in this casserole every time you make it.
Different vegetales, different soups all topped off with stuffing. How could you go wrong?
Here is a list of some soups that are available and I urge you to try your favorites or something new.
- cream of mushroom
- cream of chicken
- cream of celery
- cream of asparagus
- cream of broccoli
- cream of potato
- cream of onion
- cream of bacon
- and more…
Ingredients in Mom’s Best Zucchini Casserole
- stuffing mix
- condensed cream soup
- sour cream
How to make Mom’s Best Zucchini Casserole
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a large casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside.
Old Fashioned Zucchini Casserole
Shredded Carrot and Zucchini Recipes
Vegetable Casserole with Stuffing Mix
Also, if you are a stuffing fan this is a recipe you must try! The stuffing goes beautifully with the creamy zucchini center!
Take a peek at our video for Mom’s Zucchini Casserole ! Check out how easy this casserole really is to make!
Mom’s Best Zucchini Casserole Video
Mom’s Zucchini Casserole
- 4 medium zucchini, with peel, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- ¾ cup carrot, grated
- 1 ¼ cups stuffing mix
- 1 can (10 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- remaining stuffing mix
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a large casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large pot boil salted water and add zucchini. Cook for 5-7 minutes. Drain in a colander in the sink until needed.
- In a large skillet melt butter. Add onions and carrots. Saute until tender. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Set aside.
- In a seperate bowl remove 1 ¼ cups of the stuffing mixture and set aside remainder. In a large bowl combine mushroom soup, sour cream and 1 ¼ cup of the stuffing mixture. Add onion mixture and stir until blended. Add zucchini and stir gently until coated. Dump into your prepared dish.
- In a medium sized skillet melt butter and add remaining stuffing mixture. Saute until browned. Spread over top of the casserole. Bake for 35-40 minutes.