These Molasses Glazed Chicken Thighs are a delight! The molasses mixture makes a marinade that turns these chicken thighs into a delicious meal.
The molasses combined with the soy sauce, lemon juice and garlic make a marinade that turns these chicken thighs into a delicious meal. These thighs are one of my husband’s favorites. They will be one of yours too!
If you are a follower of this blog you already know that we are big fans of baked chicken thighs. We are always looking for ways to change it up and incorporate new and different ingredients.
In this recipe for Molasses Glazed Chicken Thighs that ingredient is the molasses! The molasses just adds that something special that makes this recipe stand out from others. It goes so perfectly with all of the the other ingredients in the marinade.
The longer you can marinate the chicken the better it will be. I usually throw this together the night before and give it a good 24 hours in the fridge.
Now, I have a confession to make. I hate doing dishes. So the fewer dishes needed for a recipe, the happier I am.
Let’s talk for a second about how easy this recipe is to throw together. Instead of getting a bowl dirty, you throw all of the ingredients in a resealable plastic bag. Make sure to add the molasses last though! It tends to stick to the sides of the bag if you add it first. Mix those delicious flavors together right in the bag and add the chicken in last! So easy right?
When you are ready for dinner you take the chicken out of the bag and place it on the baking sheet. You crank the oven up to 425 degrees and wait for the chicken to cook!
Ingredients in Molasses Glazed Chicken Thighs
- bone in skin on chicken thighs
- soy sauce
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- cooking spray
How to make Molasses Glazed Chicken Thighs
Combine soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, pepper and garlic in a large resealable bag.
Add the molasses last as it tends to stick to the outside of the bag. Seal and shake.
Add your chicken thighs. Seal, and chill 8 to 24 hours adjusting thighs periodically.
When you are ready to bake remove chicken from marinade, and discard.
Prepare a foil lined baking sheet with a rack coated in cooking spray. Place chicken thighs on the rack, evenly spaced.
Bake at 400 degrees for between 30-40 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Other Easy Chicken Thigh Recipes to Try
Molasses Glazed Chicken Thighs Video
Take a moment to peek at our video below! You have to check out how easy this weeknight chicken dinner really is to make!
Molasses Glazed Chicken Thighs
- rimmed baking sheet
- 9-12 chicken thighs or 4 chicken breasts, bone-in, skin on, or bonesless, skinless
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tblsp pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 cup molasses
- cooking spray
- Combine soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, pepper and garlic in a large resealable bag.
- Add the molasses last as it tends to stick to the outside of the bag. Seal and shake.
- Add your chicken thighs or chicken breasts. Seal, and chill 8 to 24 hours adjusting thighs periodically.
- When you are ready to bake remove chicken from marinade, and discard.
- Prepare a foil lined baking sheet with tinfoil and a rack coated in cooking spray. Place chicken thighs on the rack, evenly spaced.
- CHICKEN THIGHS, BONELESS, SKINLESS at 400 degrees for between 30-35 minutes. CHICKEN THIGHS, BONE IN, SKIN ON for between 35-40 minutes.CHICKEN BREASTS, BONELESS, SKINLESS at 400 degrees for between 25-30 minutes.CHICKEN BREASTS, BONE IN, SKIN ON for between 35-40 minutes.Make sure the internal temperature is 165 degrees. Serve and enjoy!