Keto bacon egg cups are a hearty way to start the day. Bacon, sausage, eggs, and cheese come together to create a keto-friendly breakFEAST to power you through the morning.
There’s nothing like a good breakfast to start your day off on the right foot. Whether you’re going low carb, or you’re just a major carnivore, these breakfast cups hit the spot.
Keto Bacon Egg cups
This was inspired by my bacon wrapped sausage recipe on this site. I decided to alter it by adding eggs and cheese and cooking it up in muffin tins. They’re perfect with these cream cheese biscuits, pancakes, or on their own.
This recipe for keto bacon egg cups is not only easy to make but is also budget-friendly. You may even have the ingredients in your kitchen already.
See the recipe card at the end of the post for quantities.
- Mild pork sausage
- Hot pork sausage
- Center cut bacon
- Cheddar cheese
- Large eggs
There are 10 steps for this delicious breakfast bowl. Do not let the number of steps overwhelm you, they are easy to follow.
STEP 1: PREPARE YOUR OVEN
Before you start cooking, heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit for five minutes. This will ensure that your food cooks more evenly and won’t over-cook on one side while being undercooked elsewhere
STEP 2: PREPARE THE SAUSAGE BOWL SHAPE
To make a perfect bacon-filled muffin, first, wrap the bottom side with strips of cooked bacon. Secure it using toothpicks and place it into an oven for 10 minutes before removing it from the tin to cool off.
Wash the muffin tin as you will need it for step 5.
STEP 3: TIME TO ADD THE SAUSAGES
In a large mixing bowl, combine the sausages together.
STEP 4: CREATE INDIVIDUAL PORTIONS OF THE SAUSAGE MIXTURE
We recommend removing ⅔ cup of sausage mixture at a time. This will give you 6 equal portions.
STEP 5: CREATE THE SAUSAGE BOWLS
Forming each portion over the bottom of a muffin tin creates bowls that are perfect for baking. Place in an oven and wait until they’re done after 12 minutes.
STEP 6: REMOVE THE SAUSAGE BOWLS.
The next thing you want to do is remove your sausages from the bottom of each muffin tin. Wash the tin and turn it right side up. Make sure to keep the oven on.
STEP 7: TIME TO ASSEMBLE THE SAUSAGE AND BACON CUPS.
When the sausage is still warm and pliable, immediately place it in a muffin tin. Then add on top of that bacon ring!
STEP 8: CHEESE TIME!
Finally, top each bowl with a spoonful of shredded cheddar cheese.
STEP 9: ADD THE EGG.
Crack an egg into each sausage bowl.
STEP 10: TIME TO FINISH BAKING.
Place the mixture back into your oven and bake for 10 minutes, or until desired consistency. If you prefer runny eggs over easy then adjust cooking time accordingly.
STEP 11: THE FINISHING TOUCH.
This is a dish best served with an extra sprinkling of Sriracha. It’s spicy, sweet, and tangy all at once!
Hint: Make sure you don’t cook your bacon to crisp. Crispy bacon won’t bend around the muffin tin.
Don’t have the correct ingredients on hand or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change these keto bacon egg cups.
- Any Yellow Cheese – If you don’t have sharp cheddar, mild cheddar, colby Jack and the like will work well.
- Mild Sausage – If you don’t like spicy food, simply use mild sausage.
- Your Favorite Sausage – You can use any of your favorite breakfast sausage in this recipe.
Want to personalize this keto bacon egg cups recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Extra Spicy – Add a bit of cayenne or red pepper flakes to these cups for an extra kick of heat.
- Coarsely Ground Black Pepper – Top your cups with coarsely ground black pepper before baking.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy these super bacon sausage balls.
The great part about these sausage bowls is that they require minimal kitchen equipment.
- Muffin Tin
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Stirring Spoon
- 1 cup measuring cup
If you have any leftover keto bacon egg cups, it’s best to store them in the fridge. Place them in an airtight container and make sure they’re completely cooled before putting them away.
You can also freeze your leftovers if you want to save them for later. Just place them in a freezer-safe bag or container and freeze them for up to two months.
This is an incredibly simple recipe, but I still have a couple of tips here that will help you make these tasty bites the best that they can be.
- If cooking your own bacon for this recipe, only cook it until it’s just done. Don’t crisp it. It needs to be pliable to wrap around the muffin tin.
- You can use pre-cooked bacon to save time and make wrapping easier.
More Sausage Recipes
Do you like sausage? (I mean who doesn’t) Here are some recipes you may also like to try
- Air Fryer Breakfast Sausage Wrapped in Bacon
- Super Bacon Sausage Balls
- Sausage Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls
Do you have questions about these keto bacon egg cups? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about keto bacon egg cups.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake them for 15-20 minutes.
Sausage bowls are the perfect make-ahead breakfast for busy mornings. To freeze them, first, let them cool completely. Then, place them in a freezer-safe container and cover them with plastic wrap or foil. They will keep in the freezer for up to two months.
You bet they can! In fact, I would recommend making them ahead of time. They reheat really well and make a perfect breakfast or lunch option. Plus, they’re easy to customize with your favorite toppings. Give them a try this week!
Keto Bacon Egg Cups
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Keto Bacon Egg Cups
- muffin pan (12 holes)
- 1 lb pork sausage mild
- 1 lb pork sausage hot
- 1 lb Bacon
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 6 large Eggs
- Get out your ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 400° for five minutes
- Wrap bacon around the bottom side of a muffin tin.
- Secure with toothpicks.
- Place into the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the muffin tin and set aside. Wash the muffin tin for use in next step. Keep the oven on.
- Remove sausage from the package and combine in a large mixing bowl.
- Remove ⅔ cup at a time. This should give you 6 equal portions
- Form each portion over the bottom of the muffin tin to create the bowls. Place into the oven and bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove sausage bowls from the bottom of the muffin tin, place on rimmed baking sheet and add the bacon ring into the center of each bowl.. *keep oven on*
- Next, add a spoonful of shredded cheddar cheese to the center of each bowl.
- Carefully crack an egg into each sausage bowl.
- Place back into the oven and bake for 10 minutes, or to preferred egg consistency. 10 minutes will give a runny/ over easy finish.
- Adjust cooking time to your liking.
- Drizzle with Sriracha.
- Enjoy every bite!