This is the best recipe for chocolate zucchini bread we have ever found! Well, I have to admit my friend Marcel introduced us to it. We just made it better with more chocolate and cream cheese icing! This Glazed Double Chocolate Cream Cheese Stuffed Zucchini Bread is totally yummy!
Glazed Double Chocolate Cream Cheese Stuffed Zucchini Bread
Glazed Double Chocolate Cream Cheese Stuffed Zucchini Bread is the best Chocolate Zucchini Bread so we included more chocolate and cream cheese icing to make it even better.
- 3 ½ oz. bittersweet dark chocolate chopped
- ½ cup oil divided
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour -
- ¾ cup pastry flour -
- ¼ cup cocoa powder -
- 1 teaspoon baking powder -
- 1 teaspoon baking soda -
- ½ teaspoon salt -
- ¾ cup sugar -
- 2 eggs large -
- 1 teaspoon vanilla -
- ¼ cup buttermilk -
- 1 ½ cups zucchini medium grated
- chocolate chips
Cream Cheese Filling and Icing
- 1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese softened
- ⅓ cup sugar -
- 1 large egg
- 5 tblsp all-purpose flour -
- 1 ¼ cup icing or powdered sugar -
- 3-4 tblsp milk -
- 1 teaspoon vanilla -
- ¼ teaspoon salt -
- 3 tblsp cocoa powder -
- First, you have to decide if you are going to glaze the top of the loaf or use icing. If you are using icing you must double up the cream cheese icing recipe. I actually make the icing twice so I don't put too much inside the loaf! I did that before and did not have enough icing to cover the top. My friend Julie puts a lot less stuffing in her loaf and has more than enough left to place on top of the loaf. I leave the decision up to you. Prepare glaze or cream cheese icing/stuffing and set aside. For the glaze combine powdered sugar, milk, vanilla, salt and cocoa powder. For the icing/stuffing blend cream cheese, sugar, egg and flour together.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare your loaf pan with cooking spray and Set aside. In a medium sized saucepan, over low heat, place the chocolate and ¼ cup of oil and melt. Watch the chocolate closely. My friend used her double boiler. I just watch the chocolate like a hawk and stir regularly. In a medium sized bowl add flours, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Ideally, using an electric mixer, blend the remaining ¼ cup of oil and sugar together until combined. Add the eggs and vanilla. Add flour mixture, buttermilk, and chocolate mixture. Add zucchini and mix on low until incorporated. Fill prepared loaf pan with roughly half of the batter. Drizzle cream cheese filling on top of chocolate batter. Next, using a knife, swirl the cream cheese filling around without touching the bottom of the loaf pan, if possible. Pour remaining chocolate batter over top and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, between 60 and 70 minutes. If using glaze pour and spread on top of your loaf when it is removed from the oven and done. Allow to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes and then on a wire rack until cool. If using icing spread on top of loaf once it is totally cool. I put chocolate chips sometimes on top if using icing. This loaf is delicious. Enjoy!
Calories: 415kcalCarbohydrates: 67gProtein: 8gFat: 26gSaturated Fat: 9gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 429mgPotassium: 320mgFiber: 5gSugar: 42gVitamin A: 436IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 89mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply