This garlic mayo recipe is rich and creamy and absolutely filled with garlic flavor. The bite of garlic, tang of citrus, and smooth creaminess of may combine to create a recipe that's great as a dip or a topping.
I love this recipe so much. Garlic and mayonnaise are so good together, and they pair well with pretty much anything you can think of. I know I use this for all kinds of dishes from french fries to hamburgers.
Garlic Mayo Recipe
It only takes a handful of ingredients to make this delicious mayo variation. You probably have them all in your kitchen right now.
- Minced garlic cloves
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
See the recipe card at the end of the post for quantities.
Like so many of my dip and topping recipes, this one is ridiculously easy to make.
Step 1: Combine All Ingredients
Whisk the mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and oil together in a small container with a lid.
Step 2: Chill
Let the mayo chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.
Hint: Use a small whisk to combine your ingredients right in the jar, or whisk the ingredients in a bowl and then transfer them to your jar.
Don't have the correct ingredients on hand or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this garlic mayo recipe. Use as
- Low Fat - For a low fat version of this recipe, use low fat mayo.
- Jarred Minced Garlic - If you don't fresh garlic, use minced garlic instead.
Want to personalize this garlic mayo? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Spicy - Add a dash of cayenne to spice things up.
- Mustard - Add 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon of mustard for a slightly different flavor.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this honey mustard mayo.
It only takes a handful of basic kitchen equipment to make this recipe.
- Measuring cup and spoons
- Cutting board
- Jar with lid
This mayo will keep in the refrigerator in an air-tight jar for about a week. You cannot freeze it.
This recipe is so quick and easy, I only have two tips for you.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly to ensure that everything has fully combined.
- The longer you chill this mayo the better. It gives it time for all the flavors to meld.
More (insert a name or keyword from recipe such as apples) Recipes
Do you like garlic? Here are some recipes you may also like to try.
- Sweet Garlic Balsamic Green Beans Saute
- Maple Garlic Glazed Chicken Breasts
- Oven Roasted Garlic Bulbs
Do you have questions about garlic mayo? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about this garlic mayo recipe.
This will keep in the refrigerator for about a week.
No. Freezing mayo causes it to break when it defrosts, making a gross, watery mess.
All kinds of things! Some favorites are:
Sweet potato fries
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
- Get out and measure your ingredients.
- Using a whisk, combine mayo, garlic, lemon juice salt, pepper and oil in a small bowl or container with a lid.
- Whisk until blended. Allow to set in fridge for at least an hour, if not two, before serving but honestly the longer the better.
- Serve and enjoy every bite!
- If the garlic flavor is overwhelming, add more mayo, one tablespoon at a time.
- Garlic mayo will last a week inside your fridge.